What type of music do you listen to when you're not around anyone?

BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseurThere's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
edited August 2006 in Music
Are you hardcore death metal that listens to the occasional ABBA when you're not around your friends? Down with the homeboys at the corner listening to some fiddy cent but you also secretly listen to some Clay Aiken? :o So, what are you ashame of listening to? Come on! Some of you older folks gotta listen to some 2Pac or NWA. ;D

I really could care less about others and play pretty much anything but I listen to some old Salsa when it's pretty unusual for young people to listen to. Some oldies my dad got me used to when I was a little kid (Temptations, Four Seasons, etc.), some Disco (ahhhhhh Freak Out!) and the occasional old latin ballad (Pablo Milanes - Yolanda is pretty awesome).

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Enya and Enigma.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Christina Aguilera and Shakira :crazy:
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited August 2006
    I listen to a lot of Metalcore/Hardcore/Death Metal/Grindcore, but I like the occasional Elton John or Billy Joel, maybe a little Queen or Supertramp...I'm not ashamed of it though.
  • V-PV-P State College, PA Member
    edited August 2006
    Rap, R&B, hip hop, anything but metal and rock and all that screaming emo crap.
    Mostly Tupac, 50 Cent, Nas, with a little Akon, Eminem, and when I'm in the mood for slow songz, backstreet boys (yes), and dido, rihanna...
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    I listen to a lot of drum and bass, techno, bass heavy music. even in my car. Like right now, I am listening to Brooklyn Bounce - Born to Bounce
  • edited August 2006
    Metal same as I do when I'm around people.

A few weeks back I was at work and the painter was listening to country. He took off with the job superintendent so I switched stations to the local metal station. After he got back he left it for about an hour then walked up to me and asked "Dude, do you mind if I change the station?" I said "Of course not, it is your radio, I was just playing DJ since you were gone for 5 hours man."

He said "Great, this music makes me want to do a line of crank and go shoot people!"
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    I like Backstreet Boys when I'm on my own. I also like Psy-Trance when nobody else is around - I don't know many people who like that kind of music.

~Cyrix
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Salsa music, and sometimes Shakira or other latin pop music.
    /me gives BH and Prime high-fives!

It's bad enough when people catch me singing along to lyrics in English, but I'd hate for a Spanish speaker to hear me butchering the language.
  • ins4n17yins4n17y Cabanatuan City, Philippines Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    lets see now, lindsay lohan, hillary duff, mandy moore, i guess the basic average stereotypical
  • JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited August 2006
    Final Fantasy Soundtracks...
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Classical or classic rock.