#20 Producer Over Past Week... FOR THE ENTIRE PROJECT

QCHQCH Ancient GuruChicago Area - USA Icrontian
edited October 2006 in Folding@Home
Congrats Dan (the_technocrat)
Over the past week, you have accumilated almost 40,000 points. That makes you the 20th top producer for the entire project!!!

:fold: :celebrate :fold: :celebrate :fold:

attachment.php?attachmentid=21362&stc=1&d=1160576602

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    Holy crap! Outstanding work, Dan! :eek:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    Nice job, Techno!

Bitmap? n00b.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    Pretty f'in cool man!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    jeebs... :eek2:

wow!
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited October 2006
    Holy WU batman. That is very sweet man, kudos to you.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    sweet!

I'd say all of the machines that are on for a significant amount of time during the week should turn in their first WU' tomorrow or maybe thursday. At that point, I should level out on the daily production. I'll watch and see if maybe I can jostle my way into the high teens or so.

Also, the daily production is kinda jumpy right now, since a lot of machines are on the same WU completion schedule. It'll even out over time, which might lower my weekly production (level instead of spiky), but should also make the WU's come across at a more regular, constant rate...

Thanks Q and everyone else for the support! Let's get T93 back up there!

edit: oops - meant high teens
    edited October 2006
    also - anyone know how the heck that flecom gets so many processors?

He talks about 'adding another Thz of procs' and all...seems a little fishy?

Just seems kinda odd that a single person could add :Thz" of machines at a time every so often...?

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=FLECOM
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    Back in the early days a guy folded more points that the next twenty people combined. Didn't he work at ATI?
    There are companies out there with a lot of machines.....
  • FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited October 2006
    Yeah...1920x1440How??? or whatever his name was...did 10,000 points per week, back when work units were only worth a max of about 6 points each. He OWNED the top 20 by far.

But still....Very freaking fast folding TT...you're really 19th not 20th, cause anonymouse hardly counts. :p

~FA
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    Lord have mercy...on the rest of us!

:celebrate
    :respect:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    Awesome contributions!
    edited October 2006
    edcentric wrote:
    Back in the early days a guy folded more points that the next twenty people combined. Didn't he work at ATI?
    There are companies out there with a lot of machines.....

I agree...but this seems strange. Wouldn't he just have a rollout (like me) and then production? Just seems like every so often he'll find a way to add a few hundred machines...doesn't make sense.

Ah well. :)
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    Thrax wrote:
    Bitmap? n00b.

Well... PC that I took the snapshot only had MS Paint.... Sorry... {FIXED - JPG}
    edited October 2006
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Well... PC that I took the snapshot only had MS Paint.... Sorry...

eh, we all been there

badboys badboys
    whatcha gonna do
    format police are comin afta you!
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2006
    ...I'll watch and see if maybe I can jostle my way into the high teens or so...
    Ah, the high teens - I remember them not so well... :buck:

Awesome job, TT. :respect:
    edited October 2006
    So does Mark Foley ;D
    edited October 2006
    QCH2002 wrote:
    So does Mark Foley ;D

:doh:
  • Buddha16Buddha16 Austin, Tx Member
    edited October 2006
    Outstanding Tech!!!
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    TT is my new F@H hero!
    edited October 2006
    Sledge... you've been replaced!!! Please turn in your "Q's Fan-Club Member Badge". TT is my best Folding Friend. ;D

Just kidding.... I have room in my Folding Friendship Circle for everyone!!! :D
    edited October 2006
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Sledge... you've been replaced!!! Please turn in your "Q's Fan-Club Member Badge". TT is my best Folding Friend. ;D

Just kidding.... I have room in my Folding Friendship Circle for everyone!!! :D

FFC ->

:party:

heh, that was supposed to be a party
  • edited October 2006
    TT awesome job ... congratulations, keep it up please :clap::clap::clap:

This looks like the high time to take over Team MacOS X, we need everyone to check on their folding rigs and push them to full capacity. With TT putting so many points a week, we could catch them in a couple of months, how about this challenge?
    edited October 2006
    mirage wrote:
    ...how about this challenge?
    Let's Do It!!!!!!! :rarr:
  • edited October 2006
    That's some damn nice production, TT. :thumbsup:

I haven't been very active here with folding for a while now; been back with my original team for the last 1 1/2 years or so, but I still care a lot for this team too. I'm glad to see a big hitter like you folding for team 93. :D

And the guys you all are talking about, Flecom and How??, are or were (in How???'s case) senior IT guys with companies or universities and are able to roll out the client as needed (with permission of course). Wish I had their borging power.

As far as the How??? name goes, that guy had moved onto another job and the person that replaced him at his old job had kept folding going, until some asshat mofo's ruined everything by borging some boxes for seti or maybe some other DC project without anyone's permission, locking the computers in knots. So now, none of those machines can do any DC project. Just another example of a couple of asshats ruining a good thing. :shakehead
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    I'm in. Time to (gasp) visit the mother-in-law and check on her PC. :hair:
  • edited October 2006
    :Pwned: Looking at it once more, this may not be possible so soon. Just got too excited :buck:

At least, we need to defend against the threats from CustomPC, and ABXZone.
  • edited October 2006
    Let's increase the team's points per week to at least 140000 by, let's say, two weeks.

There is one other thing I noticed, I am getting more points per WU then most of the people, but I do not know how? Should we look into this with the hope that it could help everyone?
    edited October 2006
    I figure we can probably start pulling on ARS and 2CPU pretty good if everyone gets 1 person to start folding for T93.

This would also cut the advances of CustomPC and ABX.

I just ordered a Dell C2D for my brother. I'll install FAH as a service on both cores when I install OpenOffice, AdAware, etc. for him.

WHAT ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE?

(I'm going to start a new thread...)
    edited October 2006
    mirage wrote:
    ...There is one other thing I noticed, I am getting more points per WU then most of the people, but I do not know how? Should we look into this with the hope that it could help everyone?
    Are you comparing your results to those of people over their entire Folding lifetime, or just recent WU's?

Years back, WU's had a much lower point value - some even as low as a fraction of a single points. If you see a long-time member with thousands of WU's but a low Point:WU ratio, it probably means that they piled up a lot of those one and two pointers in the early days.

As for current WU's, those come in cycles and can vary at different times for different members. I have some machines which are getting thses measly 44-point WU's which do not do well on AMD machines.

Of course, you may be looking at teammates who have not fully optimized their rig(s), in which case any advice you could give would be much appreciated. :)
    edited October 2006
    new thread for "T93 October Challenge" here