Who here wears watches

NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
edited March 2013 in Style
Just curious to see who here wears a watch. Its not very common for me to see people wearing watches around here... nobody feels the need to when they have a cell phone.

I wear a watch. I have a Bulova that my father gave to me a few years back, and a Nixon that my little brother gave to me last year for Christmas.

Anyone else here wear one?

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Wear a watch? I only wore one when I walked to school as a kid, which was in the snow, five miles, uphill both to the school and back home. And the watch was all I wore. You young people have it easy these days! :rant:

To add insult to injury, the watch was broken - stuck on 5:00. But the good part was that it had the correct time twice a day - when I left for school in the early morning and when I got home in the evening. :eek3:
  • RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
    edited November 2006
    I haven't worn a watch in over 6 years, but my fiance still wears one.

I use my smartphone/pda for keeping track of the time.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    I always wear a watch as long as I'm out of bed. I am HORRIBLE with judging the passing of time. I need a quick reminder and a watch is the way to go. I don't want to go digging in my pocket or wrestle my phone out of its holder.
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    My cellphone takes care of my time tracking needs :)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Cell.
    primesuspect
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    I wear a watch when I leave the house, usually.
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
    edited November 2006
    I wear a watch every day except sometimes on weekends when I don't think about it. I feel naked without one. ;)
  • edited November 2006
    I not only wear, but also love to collect mechanical watches. I agree that with a cell phone or PDA it is not necessary anymore but it is a hobby for me and many others out there.
  • KentigernKentigern Milton Keynes UK
    edited November 2006
    Tick Tock all the Time
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Pfft! All the cool kids use sundials.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2006
    A watch, with a number of built-in timers to remind me to quit goofing off and get back to work. :o
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    a watch? they just make the day longer(watching the time)
    I like to leave the day go on it own without watching the time
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    I WEAR one with formal attire.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Nomad wrote:
    I where one with formal attire.

WTF IS THAT.
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited November 2006
    I have a very luxorious Timex on my wrist. I'd consider something nicer but it wouldn't really be prudent at work. Shiny stuff isn't very tactically sound and even if it was I wouldn't want to buy a nice watch and wind up with filthy crackhead on it. :zombie:
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    I wear a watch pretty much every waking moment. And sometimes during the sleeping moments. Haha. I feel naked without it, and as said before, I'd rather not dig through my pockets. *Shrug* I guess I just got used to wearing one.
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
    edited November 2006
    I have several Indian made watch bands, but this one is my favorite.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    no watch, no cell.
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Thrax wrote:
    WTF IS THAT.

That's the second time today I've done that. Give me a break, I'm stricken with fever.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    I wear one when I leave the house. I'm too wreckless to wear anything expensive though. I wear cheap sunglasses too otherwise it will get damaged.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    You would have to say that! Now I've got ZZ Top's "Cheap Sunglasses" spinning in my head.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    I wear a Swiss Army watch I got for my 21st birthday.
  • WingaWinga Mr South Africa Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    I wear a watch 24/7. Although I carry a cell phone I have never used it to check the time. Old school I suppose.
    The strap and casing is titanium and it's waterproof. Has to be with all the abuse it gets.
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    I don't wear a watch. I used to have a really nice metal one which I had for my 21st birthday, but one day I left it in the gym and never saw it again...

~Cyrix
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    They don't fit me very well... and feel awkward.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    SFM100.jpg

This is my watch. I wear it everywhere.
  • Park_7677Park_7677 Missouri Member
    edited November 2006
    I wear a Fossil I got a while back. My girlfriend bought it for me one Valentine's day. I had never worn one before but now it feels weird if I forget it put it on in the morning.
    edited November 2006
    I wear a Fossil as well. It's been a very good watch.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    That's mine... of course I don't wear it. My cousin bought two, a Blue one and the red one, he gave me the Blue one for whatever reason.
    edited November 2006
    Spiffy. I like the square shaped ones. I may go watch shopping soon.