my lord of the rings, battle for middle earth won't work

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    moriaman wrote:
    I NEED HELP!!!!!!! I've been trying to register my game but it keeps on saying that my registration code has already been used. first off, what's that supposed to mean, and how do i fix it so i can get to playing the game online?
    forgive me for asking the same question but reading all the other replies was unhelpful because i don't know what PM means. I am desperate and angry, and would love any help you have to offer.

Sounds like a common issue with the game recently. Open your game booklet and in the back it will have contact info for EA Games. give them a call or shoot them an e-mail.
  • edited November 2006
    hello when i used to play bfme but i uninstalled it now i want to reinstall it but when i try i keep getting an error message saying "a problem occured when trying to transfer the file 'E:\data\movies\210.vp6' from the media" how do i overcome this thanks
    edited November 2006
    Is the disk scratched? if so do you have more than one CD drive on your PC? if so try to install again using the other CD drive or trying cleaning the disk...
  • edited December 2006
    Can someone tell me if this can play bfme II

hp pavilion mx70 on intel(R) 82810E Graphics Controller

:thumbsup:
    edited December 2006
    I t will run, but on low graphics :(
  • edited December 2006
    Well im trying to play the game but it's not letting me go on it says error =[
    edited December 2006
    do you have the newest drivers? for your Video accelerator?
  • edited February 2007
    deicist wrote:
    Sorry, that won't run this game either.

BFME 2 wont run on my computer either my specs are..

CPU: AMD 1.2 Ghz
    RAM: 1 GB
    Graphics Card:Nvidia GeForce 6800GT
    Video Card Driver: 81.98
    DirectX: Latest

When i start the game it just goes to the BFME 2 screen and crashes to the desktop. Any Ideas?:confused::confused:
    edited February 2007
    first off welcome to Short-Media....

Try updating the video drivers :)
  • edited February 2007
    BFME 2 wont run on my computer either my specs are..

CPU: AMD 1.2 Ghz
    RAM: 1 GB
    Graphics Card:Nvidia GeForce 6800GT
    Video Card Driver: 81.98
    DirectX: Latest

When i start the game it just goes to the BFME 2 screen and crashes to the desktop. Any Ideas?:confused::confused:

Well I have just got my new CPU it runs at 2.00 Ghz i updated my Nvidia drivers and i would like to know if u have any other ideas!! THKS:confused:
  • edited March 2007
    :(WOW.... This Sucks, I got my new CPU and come to find out....... I motherboards doesnt support it's power...... So I am Back to 1.2 Ghz!! O Well!!
  • edited March 2007
    first off welcome to Short-Media....

Try updating the video drivers :)

Ty you so much 4 ur help!! it worked like a charm!!
    :D:D
  • edited May 2007
    Hey guys, i have a serious problem with my game and its really starting to bug me

First off sorry if im reviveing a dead topic, but i dont like makeing new threads when one exists for the same problem/topic as my own

Second. i have RUN the game many many times before on this system. so i know the system "can" run the game fine, but im not sure what the problem its haveing is...

Here we go, first off, i was trying to "hack" the game stat file to give a few of my units longer range, or more hp and command limt so i think this is where my problem started. but i still dont know why it wont work, since i uninstalled and reinstalled.

What happens once ive reinstalled the game, i try to run it, it does the starting splash screen, then when its SUPOSED to start the game (ea intro video part) it crashes and says "Game.DAT had to close suddenly, anything you were working on might have been lost." something like that..
    PLEASE HELP

:D thanks! :D

heres my computers stats

Plug and Play Monitor on RADEON 9600 SERIES
    Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.80GHz
    1.79 GHz, 512 MB of Ram
    XP Home, Sevice pack 2

System Infromation
    (obtained from DxDiag)
    System Information
    Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
    System Model: Dimension 4550
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.80GHz
    Memory: 512MB RAM
    Page File: 309MB used, 937MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode
    Display Devices
    Card name: RADEON 9600 SERIES
    Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
    Chip type: ATI RADEON 9600 Series AGP (0x4150)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4150&SUBSYS_7C201545&REV_00
    Display Memory: 256.0 MB
    Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
    Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
    Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
    Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6587 (English)
    DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 12/11/2005 21:41:03, 252928 bytes
  • edited May 2007
    Now its some diffrent problem... :S
    im really getting mad at it now!

Heres a link to the Picture of the problem i have

www{DOT}
    skyviewpool{DOT}
    com{DOT}
    Error{DOT}
    JPG

(sorry about the above, but it dont allow posting links on new accounts.
    edited May 2007
    Be sure to uninstall the game and remove any of the EA folders in the Program files folder. Than re=install the game... see if that helps. or if you can install it in a new directory...
  • edited May 2007
    okay trying that right now
  • edited May 2007
    Thanks that fixed it, now to try applying my hacked file, and see about reapplying my saved files

:D
    thanks a ton!

(i wonder why it keep messing up in the same directory)
  • edited May 2007
    will an geforce mx 440 (64mb) card work with this game?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    No.
  • edited November 2007
    I am having a similar problem, I know this game wrks cause i played it before on this pc. Anyway, I like to make backups of my original games to protect them. (I guess i am a collector of sorts, I don't know). Anyway, when i run the game with the original cd it's works fine, but my backup copy always gets the game.dat error, why is that? All the other pc games I make backups for don't get and error like that, so did i burn it wrong or soemthing, or does this game got some kind of protection against using backups? (sorry if my grammar is bad)
    edited November 2007
    It probably has some protection. Since this website is hosted in the USA, and making backups of copyrighted digital media for archival purposes is illegal, we can't help you work around it, either. Sorry.
  • Tiny219Tiny219 Australia, NSW, orange
    edited July 2008
    Hi
    i was just wondering if one of you guys could help me? when i try to play skirmish on LOTR BFME. when go to load map it gets to 99% then the game closes and this error message is displayed.

"game.dat has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

My computers specs can be found at the botom of this page
    http://www.xfire.com/profile/tiny219/
    Please contact me on Xfire if possible

Tiny
    p.s sry if i have anoyed any one
    edited July 2008
    1) Reinstall the game.
    2) Your video card is not powerful enough to run the game.
    3) Scan your memory for errors with memtest.
  • Tiny219Tiny219 Australia, NSW, orange
    edited July 2008
    ok i'll try those, thank you for the help.
  • edited August 2008
    :(Sorry for the late post but, I am having the same problem as other people have had. My serial says its being used after i reinstalled windows. Hopw did other people fix this problem. May you please PM me or tell me on here how to fix it. Cheers
    edited August 2008
    Ryan094 wrote:
    :(Sorry for the late post but, I am having the same problem as other people have had. My serial says its being used after i reinstalled windows. Hopw did other people fix this problem. May you please PM me or tell me on here how to fix it. Cheers

If it reports that your CD key is in use, you need to contact EA for support.
  • edited October 2008
    I have a similiar problem... When i go online, log on, and i click on a game and i click join game or anything else other than options or EXIT ( i dunno why options works ), EXIT and OPTIONS dissapear hmm, what a coincidonks, those 2 dissapear but they also work before i click a button, hmmmmmmm...:eek3:, well anyway, then i have to restart comp or wait till it exits auto and i get a message saying, "Game.dat has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry for your inconvenience." :confused2:confused2:confused2:shakehead SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!! please post on this thread.
  • edited December 2008
    Well i got a problem too. I've bought BFME2 some while ago, when i had another computer. It worked flawless. Then i bought a new computer that i put together myself, no problems. One day when i had nothing to play i've found BFME2 again and installed it, no problems. Then when i started the game and came to the loading screen of the picture and the text The Lord of the Rings battle for etc. And then it won't answer. And it is like that every time. It is even so with the expansion and BFME the first one.
    I've updated my video card drivers and everything like that but i can't put my finger on it. And i've reinstalled the game like 6-7 times with the same result.

I have:
    GeForce 8800GT Gainward Bliss 1028MB
    4GB RAM
    3.2 GHz Processor from AMD.

Just tell me if it's needed more info and such.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    What operating system are you running? Are you patched to version 1.06? Are you running any sort of disc emulation software? Do other games run OK?
  • edited March 2009
    sledgehammer...all my system requirements match, but my display memory is 0.0 when it should be 32.0 how do i rectify this?