PS3 Firmware 1.60 released for F@H

Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
edited March 2007 in Folding@Home
With yesterdays release of the F@H console for PS3 in Sony's firmware 1.60 The F@H project has jump up in production by 347 TFLOPS which is 2 times more crunching capacity than it had on Wednesday.

The PS3 addition has added 14,138 CPU's so far pushing out WU's like mad, and has 2.5 times the amount of TFLOPS capacity of 159,000+ CPU's F@H had currently folding for them.

attachment.php?attachmentid=22902&d=1174679968
PS3_.JPG 110.2K

Comments

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Already a fantastic turnout for PS3 clients. Must be an exciting time for the Pande Group :fold:
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited March 2007
    Wow. That's incredible! :wow2:
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Um add another 4000 PS3's

PLAYSTATION®3 465 TFlops 18992 19951
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited March 2007
    Who here has a ps3? I really cant afford one right now, and I don't plan on buying one for a while anyway.
  • WingaWinga Mr South Africa Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    I was preparing a news article today for the site and I had to refer to the F@h stats page every now and then. In the space of a few hours I saw the active PS3 folders grow from under 19 000 to just over 23 000. They up to 577 Teraflops as of this post.
    edited March 2007
    Yeah it is growing, especially with the EU release yesterday... But I think the numbers will drop after a week or so... as you can't run it in the background... you have to exit the program to watch movies and play games.

The back ground in folding is a world that revolves on a night time setting glowing where ever folding rigs are at. You can zoom in and out, or even adjust the way the protein make up looks. The layout is pretty basic, but it makes a good screen saver for at night :)
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    The back ground in folding is a world that revolves on a night time setting glowing where ever folding rigs are at.

Is it really? I assumed it was the nighttime lights data, since some of the screenshots I saw would have suggested folding rigs in places that probably didn't have PS3s.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Must be an exciting time for the Pande Group
    It must be! Windows SMP, which is a software "engineering feat," and PS3. That's a tremendous boost to the program. Makes one wonder how much super computer time Stanford would have to purchase if it weren't for us. Makes me feel really good. That's why I've been doing this for six years. I can contribute to science daily without being a scientist. It's such an easy and inexpensive way to be a philanthropist.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Stanford couldn't buy enough Supercomputer time to come close to what the project puts out. That's why it works, we foot the bill and donate our spare CPU cycles for research. Great cause!!! :thumbsup:
  • OrianeOriane Turn around.
    edited March 2007
    edited March 2007
    Yeah I like being a "philanthropist" or a "donator" LEO's word sounds a bit more complex :)
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    LEO's word sounds a bit more complex
    That's why I get paid the big bucks for my piercing, thorough analysis! :eek3::aol: