5200ultra not overclocking

2»

Comments

• EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    How exactly did you use Voodoo 1 and 2 cards? Because I know they didnt do 2D, so you had to use another card with them........ but how?

NS
  • stoopidstoopid Albany, NY New
    edited June 2003
    Originally posted by Enisada
    As long as you are sure that they are the new 3.4's then you should be good. It may sound like a stupid (no pun intended) question but do you have any other video drivers installed other than the CATs??? Sometime you never know...

I could check when I get home, but I doubt they are... it seems that the AIW drivers are updated less frequently due to its varying functions and over-all crankiness. I tried applying the latest 3d drivers, but they don't play well and I lose any extra functionality (any of the TV stuff) unless I go back and do a fresh install of all 3 sets of drivers from the site. PITA...
  • edited June 2003
    Originally posted by NightShade737
    How exactly did you use Voodoo 1 and 2 cards? Because I know they didnt do 2D, so you had to use another card with them........ but how?

NS
    theres like an ATA cable coming from the voodoo that plugs in to the other video card.
  • CCWCCW Suffolk, UK
    edited June 2003
    Originally posted by NightShade737

NS

15 pin male to 15 pin female cable from 2d to 3d and voila! sorted

Craig
  • edited June 2003
    good news i just got the Verto geforce fx 5200 ultra and its working a lot better than the BFG 5200 ultra. when i took off the heat sink the heat sink was not tuching the core of the video card. the only problem i had is that the CD that comes with the video card didnt have XP drivers on it. when i stated to overclock i was able to get 333/680 but this is with the core not tuching the heat sink im not going to fix it because im going to return it for a 9600pro in 2 days.
  • XZGohanXZGohan Scottsdale, Arizona Member
    edited June 2003
    Originally posted by matt

theres like an ATA cable coming from the voodoo that plugs in to the other video card.

That slot you saw on my Voodoo was for linking two Voodoo's together, to go to a 2d card there is a second monitor port (female) that goes to the male port of the 2d card.
    My setup was...
    16mb Voodoo 1 <-flat cable-> 16mb Voodoo 1 <-monitor cable-> Diamond Viper V770 <-monitor cable->Monitor.
  • CCWCCW Suffolk, UK
    edited June 2003
    the ATA cable is a SLI cable, to double the power but having two cards.

Craig
  • XZGohanXZGohan Scottsdale, Arizona Member
    edited June 2003
    Originally posted by CCW

Craig

Thats what it was, doh :p
  • PyobliEPyobliE UK
    edited June 2003
    Originally posted by CCW

Craig

Argh, that phrase is givin me shivers....

I used to have an ATi rage pro as my AGP card, and a Voodoo2 as my 3D card. I then read up on the whole SLI thing, and wanted to do it. I bought another V2, to get SLI'ing, but no joy - the 2nd V2 was made by a diff company, so they werent compatable. Eventually, I found another V2 to match one of the others, but had then lost the SLI cable!, so couldnt do it, and no one would sell me one!!

Ended up with 3 V2's, and no SLIing, not a happy bunny. SLI'd Voodoo2's were the dogs bits then too, u could even do 1024*768 with them in some games, as opposed to the default V2 800*600.....

....Happy days.... :)
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited June 2003
    I would have kept the 5200, and not overclocked it
  • edited June 2003
    Originally posted by danball1976
    I would have kept the 5200, and not overclocked it

I would of kept it but overclocking is my life even xzgohan knows that.
    edited June 2003
    Why do you need to overclock at video card anyway. The CPU's where its at.
  • edited June 2003
    FPS is my life. I overclock everything I get just for the hell of it.
    edited June 2003
    I might like high FPS, but I don't want to overclock to get it though
  • CCWCCW Suffolk, UK
    edited June 2003
    5200s suck, 250 core (ish) and 200 mem (400), why not overclock the piece of junk?

for 3D, the card is where its at (everything else needs to be balanced of course)

Craig
  • edited June 2003
    it was a 5200 ultra 325 core 650 mem and yes they suck.
  • CCWCCW Suffolk, UK
    edited June 2003
    Your sig says you got a 9500 anyway so why bother with these FX cards?
  • edited June 2003
    because i have 3 computers and thats just the best one.