new game to start . . .

drowddrowd Texas
edited July 2003 in Gaming
ok, so i am looking for a new game to start. i just beat splinter cell (i was a little late on that one, its inexcusable, i know) and i was thinking either some old favorites (half-life, the longest journey, undying, alice) or maybe some that i started but never got around to beating (wind waker, hitman 2, unreal 2). it totally sucks, new games come out too fast nowadays and its almost impossible to play all the games you want with college and a job. damn, how DO i do it :p i suppose i could do some that i simply never got around to like postal 2 or mafia. i am about to beat brute force, but i have kinda gotten bored with that game. honestly, i think i am leaning towards postal 2. i heard that it was fairly short and nice and irreverant. any suggestions, comments, or recommendations are welcome . . .

Comments

• edited June 2003
    postal 2 is a fun filled, action packed, blood filled game. not for the weak at heart. Very funny however. id give it 7/10. and im not a real gamer so thats not bad from me :)

you could wait for HL2 to come out... as you goto college im assuming your not the richist guy about *shrugs*
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited June 2003
    yeah, i can definitely save money, one of the reasons i was looking at something i may have already played. i already bought postal 2, so i played some of the first day yesterday, and i got kind of annoyed when i took the cash from the bank vault, cuz it seems like folks take forever to die. no head shots is definitely something i am not fond of. oh well, i might continue playing it or i might resume on zelda: the wind waker. man, decisions, decisions . . .
  • edited June 2003
    . . . your choice . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . ;) *space dot, space dot etc :p*
  • stoopidstoopid Albany, NY New
    edited June 2003
    Everquest will lose you for a tad ;)

I've been tempted on several occassions to go back in (only spent 3 weeks playing mind you and I talk like that... =gaming addiction :p ).

Ironically I've been looking for something new myself... already got my $40 worth from MLB2003 and Unreal II, so now what?
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited June 2003
    for some reason, none of the really recent games in the last 2 monthes or so have really grabbed my interest. did anyone play freelancer? i heard its sorta cool, but it gets boring . . .
  • T-BirDT-BirD Montgomery, AL
    edited June 2003
    M A F I A

Best game I've played in the past 3 years. Only thing that might turn you off is the driving segments (depends if you like them or not). Personally I love the immersion and the "down-time" between shootouts. Getting pulled over for speeding is also pretty funny.

Outstanding immersion, story, graphics, music, and voice acting (Sopranos stars among others).

EDIT: It helps the immersion immensely by using a steering wheel and pedals (and makes the racing mission much easier).
  • stoopidstoopid Albany, NY New
    edited June 2003
    Originally posted by T-BirD
    M A F I A

I heard that was good, maybe it's time to give it a whirl.
  • edited June 2003
    Originally posted by stoopid

I heard that was good, maybe it's time to give it a whirl.

yeh it is good, if a little old now.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Dude, finish WindWaker, that game just rules.. The ending is amazing.
  • AranyicAranyic Casstown, OH Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I loved Freelancer, it was really the only game (other than planetside) in the past 8 months that has held my interest at all.
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited June 2003
    cool, i will have to give freelancer a try. and i think i am gonna go with wind waker afterall. i imagine i will have to postpone postal 2 until later . . .
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Freelancer has to be one of the best games of the year, I highly recommend it.
  • CCWCCW Suffolk, UK
    edited July 2003
    Deus Ex, will keep you occupied for ages, and System Shock 2
  • Epyon202Epyon202 New York
    edited July 2003
    postal 2 was fun for like 2 days, it was funny but got boreing very soon, i would save my money on that, but freelancer is a good choice.
  • Epyon202Epyon202 New York
    edited July 2003
    oh, and drowd, if u like, u can download a trial version off the freelancer website before u buy it.