Which Tweaking program for win2000?

SlackerSlacker CA, USA
edited August 2003 in Science & Tech
Do programs like Tweak-XP work for win2000, or are there specific tweak utilities for different OSes?

Comments

• danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited August 2003
    There is TweakUI that will work too, but it depends on what you want it for.

Software or Hardware tweaking?
  • SlackerSlacker CA, USA
    edited August 2003
    To be specfic, I'd like to tweaking windows so it keeps swap file usage to a min... but I'm sure a program designed for tweaking would have lots of other useful features. That's why I looking for a good prog instead a reg hack.
    edited August 2003
    It used to be with Win9x/Me that adding a line to the msdos.sys or win.ini would tell windows to use the memory first before using the swap file, but for an NT system, I don't know what program you would use.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Disabling Paging of NT Executive Components - Usually recommened for systems with more than 512mb of ram.
    edited August 2003
    Thank you Blackhawk. Since I have 1GB of RAM, I did this tweak for my system.
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited August 2003
    Notice a difference?
    Originally posted by danball1976
    Thank you Blackhawk. Since I have 1GB of RAM, I did this tweak for my system.
    edited August 2003
    Nope.
  • ShivianShivian Australia
    edited August 2003
    lol...um ok danball...

I'll post what changes I find on my rig when I get time to test it.
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited August 2003
    I haven't run win2k much lately but far and away the best used to be Customizer 2000. They had a ton of kliler disk and caching tweaks I have never seen in another program

Tex
  • ShivianShivian Australia
    edited August 2003
    I ran a 3DMark2001 test run with the executive paging tweak and the scores/framerates etc were practically identical. Thinking about it, I wouldn't expect it to benefit 3DMark. I'll run some Sandra benchies later :)
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited August 2003
    Hopefully your not paging durring 3dmark. Most people shutdown all the extra programs and stuff to get the best scores.

Tex