more problems with that computer i just built

edited August 2003 in Hardware
cant get the ethernet working on it. I have the built in on my nf7-s and a linksys one that i know works. It says that I am connected the ther other computer or cable modem. But it wont see the network on my LAN or get a connection of off the cable modem. I'm running win 2k. As always I will provide more information if it is needed.

Comments

• ml_manml_man The Asylum... Seeking Refuge
    edited August 2003
    You installed the appropriate drivers from the motherboard cd?

Disconnect and power-down the modem cable from the PC. Power-up the modem by itself and then to the PC and boot the PC.

In WinXP with the Command Prompt I use IPconfig/all to verify the network connections. Make sure your Network connections in the "Local Area Connections Properties" Internet Protocal (TCP\IP) are set properly for your Cable set-up. Or call your ISP for support.

GL
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited August 2003
    Do you understand tcpip and what you have to do regarding that end of the connection? Are you coneecting directly to the cable modem ? Are you assigning an IP or getting it thru dhcp? If its thru dhcp is it GETTING and Ip OK? Who is assigning IP's for your LAN? Do you know how to verify what the IP is?

We need a ton more info here. Please be as explicit as possible about ALL connections.

Tex
  • edited August 2003
    Disconnect and power-down the modem cable from the PC. Power-up the modem by itself and then to the PC and boot the PC.

Worked for me when I had the same problem... Provide the extra info Tex wants if it doesnt though ;)
  • edited August 2003
    weirdest thing ever. just worked all of a sudden. I couldnt get either of my ethernet cards to send anything to my cable modem or a second computer and then all of a sudden they started working. So i guess i no longer have any problems. Thanks for the help again.
  • ml_manml_man The Asylum... Seeking Refuge
    edited August 2003
    Great! :)
  • ShivianShivian Australia
    edited August 2003
    Sometimes a blessing, sometimes a curse (when they just start working for no reason). Good to see it's working tho :D