HighPoint BIOS & Driver Updating

HMOverclockerHMOverclocker The Hong Kong SAR, China
edited March 2004 in Hardware
Hello there,

I am running IDE RAID 0 (HighPoint RocketRAID 133) with a HighPoint 372A adapter with the BIOS & Driver ver 2.31 which comes with the PCI card. Now I wish to update the Hpt BIOS & Driver to ver 2.351 downloaded from the HighPoint site but I couldn't find the procedure to follow. The instructions in the Readme.txt file said that I can use the HighPoint Utility. I wish to know if I should run the said utility in "Pure DOS" or just run it within Windows. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• septimusseptimus Toronto, Canada
    edited March 2004
    Definately run it in pure DOS. A Windows98 SE Startup floppy will do the trick... you'll need a second floppy for the HPT stuff.

www.bootdisk.com should have a program that you can use to make the win98 disk.

flashing in DOS should be straighforward, are you familiar with DOS?
  • HMOverclockerHMOverclocker The Hong Kong SAR, China
    edited March 2004
    Yes, I often flash to the BIOS of my mobo in "Pure DOS" but never flash to the BIOS of a RAID card. I just wonder if it is in the same way to do it on both a mobo and a RAID card.
  • septimusseptimus Toronto, Canada
    edited March 2004
    The PCI card will be flashed if you use the utilities that highpoint provides. You won't accidentally flash your motherboard BIOS. Unless you try that is ;)