Pics of watercooling gear and my rig!

Nive11enNive11en Europe
edited March 2004 in Hardware
Still didn't start watercooling, waiting for my Hydor Seltz L30 pump to come in sometime this week. But here are some Nokia 7650 (sorry for the quality) pics that I worked hard to get to the PC (Nokia via bluetooth to Motorola, Motoroloa pc cable to pc, and the motorola being 120 miles away in a different city :rolleyes: )

As you see the heatercore (from a european Opel Record car) is pretty big and won't fit inside my case, that only means I can expect good efficiency from it. My rig is sitting on a small wooden platform that has a hole in the back of it, and the heatercore will be under it. So the tubing will only go thru the back of the computer through the heatercore and back inside.

Here they are:
(Thank You Citrixmeta for editing my message and putting them up - seems IMG tags are disabled, HTML is disabled and attachments are disabled for me, :cool: )

Comments

• citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited March 2004
  • septimusseptimus Toronto, Canada
    edited March 2004
    I have the same heatercore. Mine is from a scrapyard BMW 310i... its AMAZING. you won't regret it.

About getting it into your case... consider getting a side panel modded so that you can bolt that rad down to it. Either that, or bolt the rad to the inside of the top of your case. You'll lose that top 5.25" bay but what can you do lol ;)
  • Nive11enNive11en Europe
    edited March 2004
    Put it to the inside top front of my case, in the top most *cdrom* bay and then make two holes for 120mm fans you mean? Or maybe a different way to cool the heatercore you know of?

I don't quite want to make two large holes in the top of my case :) Know any other ways?
  • NebulousNebulous New York, The Empire State
    edited March 2004
    Dayum that's one big rad! Don't think there's anyway you can mount it in that case. Might want to try an external box for the setup.

Looks good tho :)
    edited March 2004
    Nebulous wrote:
    Dayum that's one big rad! Don't think there's anyway you can mount it in that case. Might want to try an external box for the setup.

Looks good tho :)
    As you see from 04_hole-with-heatercore.jpg and 01_heatercore-case.jpg. I am planning (actually will) put the heatercore under the case. Pic 04 shows the hole in the back of the wooden platform through which the tubes from the heatercore come out.

And I'm still waiting for my pump (argh!). The company is supposed to have a shipment of them (Hydor Seltz L30) the beginning of this week.
    edited March 2004
    Ahh, i see. Well good luck with it and keep me posted! :)
    edited March 2004
    UPDATE!!!
    It appears my friend who lives near me has a digital camera! OMG - High quality pics coming soon!

Also, please an admin, can anybody enable me to post attachemnts so I can put them up later! It appears attachments are disabled for me.
    edited March 2004
    Slight problem, first I have to find some nice hosting for those high quality images..
    edited March 2004
    High quality pics are in, you don't see the pump (Hydor Seltz L30) on them, I just got it yesterday, these were made a few days ago. I've already tested this night my WC in the bath. Everything is fine, the HYdor pump is ultra fast, I don't want to know what would happen if it would unplug.. probably drown me. Only the reservoir leaks I will go to some shop today to buy silicon or teflon tape to fix it.

Click on the image to view a larger version.

Here's the vicitim:
    m_case_upskew.jpg m_case_sidefar.jpg m_case_side.jpg m_case_sideskew.jpg

Heatercore from a Opel Record:
    m_heat_side.jpg m_heat_ribs.jpg

The Uziel water block (100% Polish Quality):
    m_uziel_top.jpg m_uziel_side.jpg m_uziel_base.jpg m_uziel_base2.jpg

Some other pics:
    m_wc_reservoir.jpg m_wc_all.jpg

UPDATE: Shait, IMG code doesn't work, someone please turn it back on, for me at least! It says it's disabled for me, along with html code disabled for me... raaar

Just go to http://nive11en.futuredt.com/img/wc/ to view larger versions for now.
    edited March 2004
    Looks real good! You know you might have to relocate the hdds for that rad to fit.
    edited March 2004
    Nebulous wrote:
    Looks real good! You know you might have to relocate the hdds for that rad to fit.
    The rad will be outside of the case, under the case :cool: There's no way it will fit inside.
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    Nive11en just pmed me, he is installing the Wcing kit as we speak!!!
    edited March 2004
    It Works It Works Omg Omg The Computer Did Not Die !
    edited March 2004
    yay 100 post count :P
    Gonna create a new thread for my watercooling, pics will come in tomorrow, my new thread will (sooner or later) consist of images and temps as well as stats of all the equipment.