Logitech MX1000 Lazer

drowddrowd Texas
edited September 2004 in Hardware
So i just saw these guys being advertised on neweggs website, and as soon as they announced that they were carrying them, they were already OOS. my mx700 has been acting a little shady lately though, so i have been wanted to replace it so i figured this guy was as good as any. anyway, i went down to frys tonite with a friend that needed a new proc for his pc. on a whim, i wandered to the mouse section, and sure enough, they had it in stock, so i picked it up. wooohooo, i LOVE getting new peripherals :D

Comments

• drowddrowd Texas
    edited September 2004
    pixxies!

EDIT://server got hosed, uploaded to icf above . . .
  • verselloversello New
    edited September 2004
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited September 2004
    yeah, in using it a bit more often, its hard to beat the comfort of the mx500/510/700/900 (all the same ergonomics for the most part), but the mx1000 is a bit different. i dont think its bad, i have just been using an mx700 forever and it might take some getting used to . . .
  • verselloversello New
    edited September 2004
    Resistence is futile. You will adapt.
  • SSR_06SSR_06 Iowa
    edited September 2004
    umm why don't u put a link so i don't have to search all of new egg for it
  • edited September 2004
    How's the tracking on the mouse?
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited September 2004
    SSR_06 wrote:
    umm why don't u put a link so i don't have to search all of new egg for it
    umm, my reasons are many.

1) I am not your slave.
    corollary 1: You are not the boss of me.

2) I do not sell products for Logitech, nor am I a Logitech representative.

3) I do not sell products for Newegg.com, nor am I a Newegg.com representative.

4) Newegg.com is fairly easy to navigate.
    A) Typing in simply "mx1000" in the search field will bring the correct mouse right up.
    B) There is a link at the top that says "Shop by Brand" that will allow you to find all Logitech equipment fairly easily.
    C) There is a link at the top that says "Shop by Category" that will allow you to find all wireless, laser mice fairly easily.

So there you have it. I normally buy everything from newegg, however, as I mentioned in my previous posts, not only did I buy this mouse from frys and NOT newegg, newegg is out of stock. in addition, new egg is selling this mouse for MORE money than fry's is. I bought mine for 79, and newegg is selling theirs for 85 plus tax and shipping and handling.

So there you have it, if you post on a forum, surely you have the know how to figure out how to search on newegg.

As a final thought, going to google (that's http://www.google.com to those less informed) and searching for "mx1000 newegg.com" will turn up a direct link to this mouse on newegg's site as the first result.

No, i will not explain how to use google.

EDIT:// Airalex, so far all the response and tracking has been great. one of the new features of this mouse (besides the LED battery indicator on the mouse) is the number of increased surfaces that it uses. Supposedly most of the surfaces that previously did not work with traditional optical mice will now work with this one.
  • verselloversello New
    edited September 2004
    drowd wrote:
    umm, my reasons are many.....

PWNED!!!1
  • septimusseptimus Toronto, Canada
    edited September 2004
    Logitech better whip up a "DUO" keyboard + this mouse combo...
  • edited September 2004
    versello wrote:
    PWNED!!!1

hahaha
  • ZecterZecter The coldest state in the Continental USofA
    edited September 2004
    drowd wrote:
    ...and newegg is selling theirs for 85 plus tax and shipping and handling...

There is no tax on the internet! Sucks for Florida and California if you got taxes! hehehehehehewhhehehehehhehehhehehehehe
  • verselloversello New
    edited September 2004
    Omg Waht Is This?
  • SSR_06SSR_06 Iowa
    edited September 2004
    OoO what do we have here?? someone forgot to clean up...
  • ZecterZecter The coldest state in the Continental USofA
    edited September 2004
    does that damn monitor get held up by an empty box??? I really aught ta start looking into plasma and projectors, hell maybe I could borrow one from school, yeah, borrow.
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited September 2004
    lol, yeah, if you will notice, the dell (samsung) lcd is on top of an old ass power strip i have, but i like the on and off switches in the front. however, since i want the dual lcd's to be level, i needed to raise the other one up. so i found myself a nice sturdy box to place it on. actually, i think its all my circuit board stuff from last semester, but i dont guess i need that shit anymore :D
  • verselloversello New
    edited September 2004
    I have that same box which I use to store misc computer shit. I think it's a LinkSys WRT54G box.
  • NeoFXNeoFX Utah, US of A
    edited September 2004
    Whoa... These things look nice, I went and checked one out at CompUSA last night, unfortunately it was still in the box, I would have liked to try it out but oh well... Seeing as I have an MX700 right now it doesn't really make sense to get the MX1000 but I sure do "want" one hehe.

EDIT: LOL! I just noticed I have a box just like that too that I put all my computer crap in! It's even labled "Brians Computer Crap!!1"