Starwars Battlefront

verselloversello New
edited October 2004 in Gaming
Has anyone bought this game? I'm seriously thinking about picking it up tomorrow. I've been watching the vids and it looks really cool.

Comments

• edited September 2004
    versello wrote:
    Has anyone bought this game? I'm seriously thinking about picking it up tomorrow. I've been watching the vids and it looks really cool.

Woah woah woah. You mean picking up like... Buying? Spending... money? Don't you know why God invented the intarweb?
  • hillary-s-banehillary-s-bane baton rouge, la
    edited September 2004
    i'll rent it........then rip it to my modded x-box! muuuuuaaaahahahaha!
    umm sorry, got carried away, i'll let you know if it's any good.
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited September 2004
    MrFurious wrote:
    Woah woah woah. You mean picking up like... Buying? Spending... money? Don't you know why God invented the intarweb?
    well, you know, if you wanna play the game online, and not online like on a shitty-ass cracked server, but online with the majority of humanity, as this battlefield-esque game is meant to be played, then ya gotta buy the game . . .
  • edited September 2004
    Being one myself, I don't know that you can really refer to starwars nerds as "the majority of humanity"
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    I got it yesterday. I love it I picked it up with KOTOR for 65 total. I think you will love it
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited September 2004
    From what I've heard and the little bit I've played the AI is so horrible the game is almost unplayable at least in single player. Multi-player gives this game a bit of redeeming quality but generally first impressions are suck ass.

I'd recomend putting your money to better use and getting Warhammer 40k Dawn of War that game is awesome.
    edited September 2004
    so horrible? the AI is very good. The computers kick your ass in anything But easy mode
  • verselloversello New
    edited September 2004
    I don't care about singleplayer. I just want to drive an ATAT :loco:
    edited September 2004
    lol the vehicles take a min or two to get used to but its fun
  • Massive_gasMassive_gas Baghdad
    edited September 2004
    i was gonna buy it last night but they were sold out :(
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited September 2004
    huh, i think you are the first person i have heard say that the AI is good. everyone at work that went out and bought it said the AI was absolutely pitiful. and just cuz they can kick your ass, doesnt mean its good AI. i suppose i will find out for myself when i eventually play it, but i think this game is all about the mp, just like battlefield . . .
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    Yeah. I agree with drowd. I haven't played it yet, but it appeared to be very Battlefield-esque, so I assumed the single player would basically suck major ass. It's MEANT for online. :)
    edited September 2004
    teh AI isntl like farcry but its good. i dont get my butt kicked since I love FPS and play them constantly but aall my friends whom are average get thier ass kicked
  • KyleKyle Lafayette, LA New
    edited October 2004
    versello wrote:
    I don't care about singleplayer. I just want to drive an ATAT :loco:

FYI You can drive all the vehicles in singleplayer too...

I think the AI is fine. I wouldn't say it's extraordinary but I haven't noticed anything to make me dislike the AI. All I've played is single player on XBox and I think it's fun as hell. I just love being in the midst of massive battles.

When you play online, is every player in the battle a person, or do they fill the rest of the server with bots? I can't imagine the game being that fun online if the number of 'people' in the battle was limited to the number of people in the server.
  • SteTheDudeSteTheDude Rochdale, England!
    edited October 2004
    Great game online, bit like battlefield but with star wars dudes in it....

Its meant for online rather than single player, thats why there aint much to the single player mode as with Battlefield...

I got a dodgy version and liked it so went and got a retail copy to plan online, pretty chuffed :D

/me loves shooting down wookies
  • oudiophileoudiophile Right behind you.
    edited October 2004
    Yeah, I agree. It's a repackagesd battlefield. But its worth every penny to drive ANYTHING THAT MOVES. Kick ass. the ATAT's are massive.