The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

KyleKyle Lafayette, LA New
edited October 2004 in Gaming
That's right. It's coming. I can't wait.

If you haven't played through TES III: Morrowind, you haven't truly gamed.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/art/obliv_screenshots_01.htm

There are a couple more scans from a magazine here:
http://www.clubic.com/t/jeux/shot/1577.html

Comments

• verselloversello New
    edited October 2004
    ES4 looks too good to be true. Can't imagine playing in a world with highly detailed graphics like that.

I just beat Morrowind last week after 2 years of it collecting dust, and I've certainly missed out a lot. Took me a good month of playing, but I got my char up to lvl 43, have 260k gold and now I'm playing the BloodMoon expansion.
  • youvegotjermzyouvegotjermz Baton Rouge, La
    edited October 2004
    i got to where my character's level was in the upper 80's , after beating all the expansions i just went around and killed everbody i encounted. it was fun for a while but it got old. i can't wait for ES4, i guess my gpa will take a hit again (if i'm still in school)
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited October 2004
    ES is a great series but I've never finished a single one of them yet. I always get to a point where my character becomes ungodly and the challenge and reward to continue just isn't there. In Morrowind I was only at level 40ish and was so powerfull that nothing could stand up to me. Most things died before they were even in range of me hell with my 50' continuous leech ring I was generally just clearing out dungeons without even seeing the enemies.

I hope that ES4 is more focused or pretty graphics won't cure the eventual tedius game play.
  • KyleKyle Lafayette, LA New
    edited October 2004
    I agree that Morrowind can easily become too easy. Thankfully there are some good mods out there that make the game harder for those with badass characters.
  • lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited October 2004
    My impressions of the game were that it was too hard... I end up getting killed very frequently in the first cave right by seyda neen. I've tentatively started it, and then stopped, numerous times after my character was obliterated by what seemed like it should be an easy fight.
  • verselloversello New
    edited October 2004
    I've beat the bloodmoon expansion, lvl 45 now, but I was unable to complete the Rock colony quest :( When I was a werewolf, I accidentally killed an important NPC. Doh.

I found BloodMoon to provide some challenge. Having a few guys gank you can be rough.
    edited October 2004
    The cave right off the start if you just run headfirst into it without doing anything will get you gacked. Usually you have to explore the town a little bit kill a few monsters at least get a couple levels and you'll be fine. Even then generally you have to run in take out a bandit run out heal go back etc...

Morrowind isn't a locked game, by that I mean they won't lock you out of any areas because they are to tough for you. They also don't give you any indicators of how tough something is. You just have to learn that from experience. It's nice that it's open ended but punishing until you learn what danger different enemies posses. Even then it can be unforgiving at times.

Bloodmoon annoyed me the whole werewolf thing was kinda cool but I hated wandering through the forests even after I was twinked out those damn forest sprites were bloody tough. Also for all the trouble you have to go to, to be able to open up those resin coffin thingies in the caves scattered around the equipment you get out of them is shit.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    I've had my eyes on Morrowind for a while now, just haven't checked it out yet. Is there a demo for the game? Is it good enough to show me the real play of the game?
  • KyleKyle Lafayette, LA New
    edited October 2004
    I looked on The Elder Scrolls website and didn't see a demo for morrowind (I'm not really surprised).

They do have some videos to download:
    http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/media_movies.htm

I recommend watching the official trailer. That's about as good a taste of the game as you'll get without playing it.
    edited October 2004
    Zuntar wrote:
    I've had my eyes on Morrowind for a while now, just haven't checked it out yet. Is there a demo for the game? Is it good enough to show me the real play of the game?

Just get it you should be able to pick it up for cheap now just about anywhere. Or if you have an xbox rent it, the xbox version I actually enjoy more then the PC version.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    i picked it up while i was going throught my EQ withdraws. I tried to let it cure my eq cravings but it didnt work to slow for me
  • verselloversello New
    edited October 2004
    Speaking of EQ, EQ2 is coming out around the same week as Half-Life 2 I believe. And WoW possibly a week after... :loco:
  • lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited October 2004
    MMORPG madness...
  • Rot-KatzeRot-Katze Pensacola, Florida
    edited October 2004
    yup..the mmos are taking over!

personally I liked WoW (stress test)...have yet to really hear anything on EQ2...whats the scoop?