Adobe Acrobat Reader - Freezes when I Print

sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
edited June 2007 in Science & Tech
I can't for the life of me print more than the 1st page of this 6 page PDF document I have. I'm using Adobe Reader 8.0, the latest version I know of, and there are no more updates to be installed. Every time I click print and click OK it freezes and crashes when it gets to the point below...

untitledmr2.jpg

The 1st page spooled and was printed earlier, but immediately crashed Adobe. I can't get any more pages printed at all.

What should I do? Try an older version??

Comments

• sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited June 2007
    Okay.... I got impatient and downgraded to 7.0. I clicked Print, OK, then it gave me an error message - "The document could no be printed". My laser printer warmed up, but nothing printed. :confused:

This is insane! I just downloaded and installed Foxit Reader - another PDF Reader - and it freezes and crashes as soon as I hit OK to print!! Wtf?!!
    edited June 2007
    I just tried printing another much smaller PDF file, and it printed with no trouble at all. Maybe the PDF I'm trying to print is too complex...? and overloads the programs??
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited June 2007
    Can you print only page 1 and then only page 2 and only page 3, etc? Maybe printing each page individually will work.

I hate Adobe Reader. Piece of crap software! Major memory leaks and many glitches. I like Flash but it also is buggy/leaky (though I guess Macromedia is more to blame than Adobe). I love Adobe products for functionality, but bloat is a big problem for them.
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Uninstall, reinstall. Otherwise, open with Photoshop and print that way.
    edited June 2007
    a2jfreak wrote:
    Can you print only page 1 and then only page 2 and only page 3, etc? Maybe printing each page individually will work.

I hate Adobe Reader. Piece of crap software! Major memory leaks and many glitches. I like Flash but it also is buggy/leaky (though I guess Macromedia is more to blame than Adobe). I love Adobe products for functionality, but bloat is a big problem for them.
    Nope - I tried that too. Even printing a single page at a time makes it freeze and crash

Well It's not just Adobe - its this Foxit Reader also!
    edited June 2007
    Nomad wrote:
    Uninstall, reinstall. Otherwise, open with Photoshop and print that way.
    I already tried that - I uninstalled 8.0 and installed 7.0 with the same result.

Photoshop - I had no idea it would open PDF's. That did it! It printed. Thanks :)