Colin Mcrae dies in Helicopter accident

SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
edited October 2007 in Gaming
The inspiration and consultant on the popular PS2/3 PC games Colin Mcrae Rally and Dirt, dies in tragic accident his 5 year old son and family friends also die.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/6997241.stm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_McRae_Rally

Comments

• Buddha16Buddha16 Austin, Tx Member
    edited September 2007
    Wow, how sad.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    I admired McRae. He really did a lot for bringing rally to the public's attention here in the US.
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited September 2007
    I used to go watch his dad Jim in the British rally as they used to have some special stages a few miles from my home town. i remember Colin and his wee brother as constant fixtures at their dads side, Just ordinary Scottish farmers who enjoyed driving. Obviously extremely wealthy farmers in the last few years
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Awesome British sportsman and such a tragic waste :(
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Very sad day... I will be buying the newest game... Dirt for the PS3 in his honor
  • broady81broady81 Member
    edited September 2007
    I was honestly gutted when I heard this, in my (slightly) younger days, Mcrae really got me interested in Rallying - It's a great loss to not only Rallying but Motorsports :sad2: DiRT purchased in his honor ... May his legend live on !
  • breakdown84breakdown84 Around town
    edited October 2007
    Wow this is really sad, I swear I will buy DiRT in Colin Mcrae memory.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    He's famous for race car driving (and winning,LOTS of winning). Video game stuff was just on the side, like a basketball player lending his name to sport shoes.

Truly a big loss for the motorsports world.