Icrontic on Team Fortress 2

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    I think it's not just a matter of having dedicated roles, but having a primary role and 1-2 secondary roles and have the team be cohesive and coordinated enough to adapt as the situation demands.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    I think everyone should spawn as Pyros. Let the burninating commence!
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    What's the best way to learn the game.
    I've got it installed and have set all my keyboard options/headphones/mic etc.
    Now, I must learn the game.
    What server/servers are you guys using?
    Should I learn any specific player/role first?
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    heavy = my style
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    !hate all of you!!

20% of TF2 downloaded....
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Keebler wrote:
    I think it's not just a matter of having dedicated roles, but having a primary role and 1-2 secondary roles and have the team be cohesive and coordinated enough to adapt as the situation demands.

He's right - the key that I've noticed in the most effective teams is that they have a lot of adaptability. There may be a few people who maintain dedicated roles (medic, engineer), but everyone else should be able to play several roles well and switch as the situation changes. Great coordination and communication is also key. The best play sessions I've engaged in had constant communication and well-coordinated assaults and defenses.

Also, if we're going to be building an Icrontic team, we'll need more than one person per role, since we're unlikely to all be able to play at the same time.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    I had fun chunking Keebs into bits last night on 2Fort while i was waiting to get on your guys team.
    edited September 2007
    My team was getting creamed on the granary level by a team of 5 scouts plus support, so I switched to Heavy and started mowing the fidgety ****s down to hold our control points from them until we could push back. :D Perhaps coincidence, but we started winning again :ninja: That, or maybe it's just 'cause mas0n joined my team :cool:
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    How to know when you have played TF2 as an engineer for too long:
    You start to wonder how many hits with a wrench it would take to upgrade your car...
    edited September 2007
    I have a pipe wrench I can loan you if you'd care to find out...
    edited September 2007
    There was someone named "Martha Stuart" who took out FIVE of my teammates in rapid succession with a wrench. I saw the announcements scroll by and I was dumbfounded. That's when I decided I had to change servers :crazy:
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Changing servers - It's a good thing. ;)
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Keebler wrote:
    There was someone named "Martha Stuart" who took out FIVE of my teammates in rapid succession with a wrench. I saw the announcements scroll by and I was dumbfounded. That's when I decided I had to change servers :crazy:
    Hehehe, That's funny.
    First time playing last night and I tended to sacrifice myself quite often by jumping into a group of the enemy with a flamethrower and torching them.
    (When playing as Pyro)
    Also tried Heavy,Sniper,Demoman,,Soldier and Scout.
    Seems I did best as scout according to the skill chart the game keeps for you.
    But I think I did best as Soldier with the rocket launcher. At least I enjoyed that one most.
    Hehehe, If I did any good at all.
    I'll definitely have to put more time in and learn some strategy.
    Learning the maps is also very helpful.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Do you guys keep your AVG and Spybot S&D resident running while playing?
    Seemed like quite a bit of lag at certain points last night.
    Or is that just the steam engine and server being played on.
    Funny, because the server scan said I was getting 92 ping on that server.
    Which isn't bad as far as ping goes.
    I play the original UT all the time on 80-120 ping servers and never lag.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    It's the server. Source server needs a lot more horsepower than UT dedicated server - source dedicated servers keep track of physics and particle locations for everything going on, every object flying, etc.

There are quite a few underpowered source servers out there.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Ahh, OK, That would explain it. I guess even as they are, they use quite a bit of bandwidth. lol
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Well I am definitely best so far at the Medic... I love standing behind the big guys and pumping them up... I also can whip out the bonesaw and hack my way though if need be... My record kills as a medic is three I think... TF2 is just sick... Had fun tonight playing with Keebs, Prime and others... It's 11:30 now and I planned on going to bed at 9PM as I was hella tired... Damnit!!
    edited September 2007
    It was a long, long match against a very skilled defending team. In the end, with just 1:27 remaining, me (as a spy), Crazy Joe (as a medic) and another spy finally took the last control point. It was the most drawn out and tactical match I've ever played.

Great work to all involved :D
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Will you all be playing tonight? From the looks of it, I probably don't need to ask that question, though.
    edited September 2007
    oh no, we won't be playing at all until 3:30am est
    edited September 2007
    Haha. I guess I won't have to pull myself away from Halo, then...
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Got the game and am ready to own... along with playing Halo 3 last night at Howies we also played TF2 which was beyond sweet...
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    I haven't played in 24 hours and i'm starting to twitch.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    mas0n wrote:

shoulda played last night!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982326544

The soldier is officially my fav class of the game. Especially on Well. Whats that demoman? You wanna hidey out on the roof?

*boom!* Rocket Jump!

now you get shanked by my shovel!:bigggrin:
    edited September 2007
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    Whats that demoman? You wanna hidey out on the roof?

*boom!* Rocket Jump!

now you get shanked by my shovel!

I don't know about that, I'm quickly gaining respect for the demoman as perhaps the most dangerous SOB in the game. A demoman like mas0n could probably pick you out of the air with a grenade before you reached the roof. ;)
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    GHoosdum wrote:
    I don't know about that, I'm quickly gaining respect for the demoman as perhaps the most dangerous SOB in the game. A demoman like mas0n could probably pick you out of the air with a grenade before you reached the roof. ;)

Mas0n is a freak of nature with the demoman, he doesn't count.:tongue:
    edited September 2007
    Cyclonite wrote:
    Haha. I guess I won't have to pull myself away from Halo, then...
    He means that's when it will END, not START ;)
    mas0n wrote:
    I KNOW, where were you?? OMG.
    GHoosdum wrote:
    I too enjoy demoman A LOT. I played engineer a couple times last night because the level required it, but Demoman is my current favorite. Mas0n and I pwned faces as demomen Monday :D
    edited September 2007
    I noticed that you do a lot of squatting as a demoman, Keebs... is that how you make your bombs?
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited September 2007
    GHoosdum wrote:
    I noticed that you do a lot of squatting as a demoman, Keebs... is that how you make your bombs?

;D
    edited September 2007
    Keebler wrote:
    He means that's when it will END, not START ;)

I know. I was being facetious. I forgot the smiley. ;)

I'll be on tonight. I hope I can keep up!