Icrontic on Team Fortress 2

Comments

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Neither is TF2. It's a mod ;)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    I've met a couple people over the years who try to tow the "It's cheating" line, and I can't see how it's anything but patently false when the functionality is programmed and encouraged by the game's developers.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Add me to the group please.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ryderocz
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    done!
    edited September 2007
    CB Droege is our player of the week. :)

I knew it was right when Winfrey (Freec) said "Man, we would have won if CB had been here"..... :thumbsup:
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Mad props to CB, sir:respect:
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    i just turned it off....

...it's like awakening from a stupor...

gum wrappers everywhere... remainder of popcorn... beer bottles... :eek3:

My eyes are sore... i can barely move my legs... omfg im going to sleep until dinner :zombie:
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Ahh yes, to be young and single! Alas my a$$ was in bed at 10:00. :eek:

5:00 am comes early.....oh you should know, thats about when you went to bed!!!:tongue:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRHHHHHGGGG:mad2::mean::grr::sawed:

F'n A$$#011 ^&%$#@$#%& ()(^$#378 (*%%!!!!!!!!!!!

Some other...... individual... has apparently taken a liking to my name (identity) and created a steam identity of Zuntar!

MY online/gaming name for the last 10+ years has been Zuntar. Everything everywhere, always Zuntar.

My steam identity "link" is now THE-Zuntar. However my login name is zuntar, not Zuntar...... Bastard.

Side note: Sledge you have the fake Zuntar as a friend, not the real one. Sorry chief!
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    CB Droege is our player of the week. :)

I knew it was right when Winfrey (Freec) said "Man, we would have won if CB had been here"..... :thumbsup:

Thanks. :)
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    So I have a steam account (StainMeNow, of course). And I pre-ordered and started the download last night. It goes painfully slow, so I decide to sleep on it. I wake up, and it's only 61% and has ceased downloading.

I hate steam :( but I did restart steam and download started up again, so we'll see where it is tonight. I want in!
  • broady81broady81 Member
    edited September 2007
    Can you add me the the group please (broady81) :bigggrin: I reinstalled Steam and am planning on purchasing TF2 (or the beta) asap :cool2:
  • RiversCuomoRiversCuomo Missouri New
    edited September 2007
    Throw me an invite please. User name is "Aseir."
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    ah, had my greatest moment yet!

was sitting up on a walkway near the other teams capture point as a pyro...no one saw me...then i got a medic on my back and we go uber!..i jumped down and layed the other team and the capture point to waste! its was such a pleasure burning the other team like little marshmellows ;)
    edited September 2007
    Keebler wrote:
    omfg im going to sleep until dinner :zombie:
    That was true. I did that.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Disadvantage to the, otherwise really nice, internal team-speak option:

Asshats who use it to have lengthy conversations that (I guess) they think the rest of the team wants to hear.

I was on a server just now, along with Hawk, when these two chuckle-heads started going on to each other about how much better TFC is compared to TF2. A couple of times they talked over important team communication. After a couple of minutes, I asked them nicely to have their conversation off of the team channel, and the started insulting me and cursing at me. One of them even called me a 'construction worker' whatever that's supposed to mean.

It's too bad there is no way to enforce the channel's use for actual game-play. I just quit that server because they were just too annoying to stay in the same server with... That shouldn't happen...
    edited September 2007
    I just turn team chat off. And use ventrilo.
    edited September 2007
    as long as humans exist, idiots will also
    edited September 2007
    **** YOU NUB@!
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    OMG! Pyro's are freaking ridiculous now. They gotta fix them somehow and I have a few suggestions

*Less Ammo
    *slower
    *Less damage
    *Shorter range
    *Shorter burn duration
    *Less health

I think tweaking the damage is the best of those options because right now 2 sec of flame and your dead and that is just crazy. Pyro's shouldn't be able to kill faster than a heavy. Fix that and they'ed be more balanced. Right now though a **** load of Pyro's will win any game end of story.
    edited September 2007
    Okay, so I think the consensus is that the Pyro is now a bit too powerful. Damage is insane, they seem to walk a little faster, and their range has been increased. A team consisting of 3-5 pyros and 3 medics can scythe through basically anything and there's just no stopping them.

Anyways, some pics:

The night CB got nominated player of the week. See all the names? Icrontic was pwning:

icrontic_rules_tf2.jpg

I got completely blown apart :D

kilt.jpg

Zanthian takes a superhero flying leap after destroying me:

zanthian-is-looking-good!.jpg

Let me tell you, there is nothing worse than seeing this: It makes you feel like an..... idiot:

idiot_slayer-is-looking-good!.jpg

An almost impenetrable defense: They can't even leave their bunker

cp_dustbowl0002.jpg
    edited September 2007
    I seem to have had a slight clipping problem - bodies (including my own) would plummet through the ground after dying:

attachment.php?attachmentid=24073&stc=1&d=1191127830

attachment.php?attachmentid=24074&stc=1&d=1191127830

I kept seeing arms, heads and torsos sinking through the ground and/or rolling around like they were caught in waves :eek3:
    edited September 2007
    those maps look awesome from that angle!
    edited September 2007
    must be that 2900XT....:scratch:
    edited September 2007
    It's so good you can see the entire battle!
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    GG tonight, fellas (and laaady). My computer eventually locked up, and I decided to call it a night after that.

Well, actually, I called it a night after I finished beating my computer with a stick and yelling at it for cutting me off before I'd gotten my fix. I'm sure that was the sensible thing to do. Felt right at the time.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    I needs an invite to ze IC clan! Same name on Steam as on here, mjancaitis. Let me in, let me in, let me in! I don't play sooooooo much, but I might with the right prodding from a certain group...
    edited September 2007
    Invite sent!
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    And received. Many thanks!
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    CB Droege wrote:
    Disadvantage to the, otherwise really nice, internal team-speak option:

Asshats who use it to have lengthy conversations that (I guess) they think the rest of the team wants to hear.

I was on a server just now, along with Hawk, when these two chuckle-heads started going on to each other about how much better TFC is compared to TF2. A couple of times they talked over important team communication. After a couple of minutes, I asked them nicely to have their conversation off of the team channel, and the started insulting me and cursing at me. One of them even called me a 'construction worker' whatever that's supposed to mean.

It's too bad there is no way to enforce the channel's use for actual game-play. I just quit that server because they were just too annoying to stay in the same server with... That shouldn't happen...

Yea CB,
    They were a couple of dopes. Even after you left they kept on so after another 5mins I jumped all over them and left also. I was hoping none of our group was there because of the way I cut loose on those idiots.
    BTW, thnx for all the uber health bud!
    I had a great time playin last night with all you guys.
    I did notice being killed by Gen Keebs quite a few times and prime.
    Dogs were always jumpin on the opposing team just to kill the slow Hawk! J/K
    Come to find out my mouse was blinking red begging me for a charge most of the night. It was almost dead because I played 5 hrs during the day (then eat,sleep for an hr or two, back to the game) from 7pm till 1 am. Hehehe, When I finished I couldn't walk (knees were close to being locked up) Shoulders were in an excruciating knot..etc,etc,etc. through the rest of my body! LOL
    My wife came in and asked me if I was OK a couple of times after hearing me yelling and pounding the keyboard for more speed!
    And damning all those that killed me previously. Hahaha What fun!
    I think it went best when someone took the lead and choreographed the attacks or defenses of the team as a whole though..
    Seemed we won the most then.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Are all you guys using Sledges Server Teamspeak now?
    If so, What do you do for the game strategy? As far as hearing someone calling the team to attack or defend?
    I can see that it will work if we had a complete team of our own group, but that rarely happens.
    CB, I think that's probably our answer to the knotheads that don't understand the object of voice channel for strategy of the game.
    Then again just blocking those individuals on the speech channel would work too. Or just leaving the server as we did. I wish the server admin would just kick the offending players, but that prob wouldn't happen.
    Keebs, I saw the pics of you falling through the ground. Cool looking pics! What a view! Interesting seeing the map from that angle..
    prime, Saw your pics too, I love when I get killed and it shows head here,leg here,more bits there!!! Sooo humiliating... hehehe