Sony A818 8GB Walkman reviewed

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited October 2009 in Science & Tech

Most of the time I just the first and last page of reviews. As far as this review goes, let me say this: I like the Sony A818. A lot. Read on to discover why; I think you'll want to know.

My Affair with Sony

... Continue reading

Comments

• ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    A nice read sir!!!
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Good review.

The sound quality intrigues me but I need more storage space and I couldn't care less about the ear buds since I only use my iPod in my car. Sound quality is going to be a big factor in my next buy.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    8gb isn't enough? I think 8gb is about the limit for flash-based players right now.

The sound quality is awesome.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    I currently have over 16gb and that's because I haven't bothered finding any more music nor converting the cd's I have to mp3. I just want everything in the player and forget about it. TBH, I play the same 5 or 6 albums and a dozen singles daily.

Did you get to keep it? How was changing to WMP? Itunes is just so, easy.
    edited December 2007
    Changing to WMP sucked, to be honest. I wish Sony would come up with their own solution. The software end of things sucks on this player, only because it's WMP.

Same 5-6 albums + dozen singles = 16gb? o.O

No, I didn't get to keep it :-/
    edited December 2007
    Same 5-6 albums + dozen singles = 16gb? o.O
    No. I have all my music on my iPod but I only listen to those same albums everyday. I guess I forget I have other stuff on it to listen to, even if I do have to scroll through all the other albums to find it.

FWIW, they do say portable amps help a lot with the sound but the good ones cost over $150. I got a cheap cmoy one (altoid tin) that boosts the volume to save battery.
  • sjc
    edited October 2009
    i dont know why the sony rep had NO IDEA what he's talking about.

"why is the earbud cord so weird? why are they different lengths?" its so you can take the earbuds off and still have it hang on your neck. so put in the left bud, then wrap the wire behind your neck, and put in the right bud.

every single earbud in all of asia and a good amount of european buds are all like this

stupid americans
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Perhaps in 2007, the scene was a little different.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited October 2009
    Fail. If I've got to go through the hassle of converting all my music to some other format, forget it.
    edited October 2009
    This review is two YEARS OLD. :wtf: