Best Beginners Class In World Of Warcraft?

Comments

• ThelemechThelemech Victoria Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    Thrax wrote:
    Can only have forenames in WoW. Surnames are somewhere in the middle of the lower half of the Great Invisible To-Do List at Blizzard HQ.

AthmonSeer :wink:

(grin)
    edited January 2008
    Thrax wrote:
    the Great Invisible To-Do List at Blizzard HQ.

...ah this great and mythological list/monster that I have heard alluded to...

on a side note Thrax, Have you read Chronicles and Legends from Dragonlance?
    .. I believe you would enjoy them.
    :cheers2:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    That is on my Great Invisible To-Read List at Thrax HQ.
    edited January 2008
    Thrax wrote:
    That is on my Great Invisible To-Read List at Thrax HQ.

You will not regret reading them; the first 6 Dragonlance books + The Legend of Huma( the best of the many series that came out based off the original 6)

They are the only fantasy books that I believe on some level of pure relatedness to high fantasy to surpass the greatness that is Lord Of The Rings.

Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman wrote the first 6 and LOH by Richard A. Knaak.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited January 2008
    I quit my guild practically so I would stop playing so much.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    Thelemech wrote:
    They are the only fantasy books that I believe on some level of pure relatedness to pure high fantasy to surpass the greatness that is Lord Of The Rings.

Check out the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan some time.
    Robert Jordan has come to dominate the world Tolkien began to reveal.

Edit: Nevermind. You should read more of them. :D
    edited January 2008
    Gargoyle wrote:
    Check out the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan some time.

Edit: Nevermind. You should read more of them. :D

Yes ; especially now that he is dead:rolleyes2(rolling eyes at myself)

.. I really enjoyed his take on the three or four(?) Conan novels he did; he seemed to truly understand the character , yet gave it a freshness(and dare I say Xratedeness:bigggrin:) in compliment of the original character.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    i find n o hint of a server...and what classes does ur server need? all my friends are either 70 or not so fun to play with...and alliance or hordE?
    edited January 2008
    Gate28 wrote:
    i find n o hint of a server{not on one yet}...and what classes does ur server need{never asked them in the futureyet}? all my friends are either 70 (WTFLOL)or not so fun to play with.(ya dont(sic) say)..and alliance or hordE?

....my friend ; this character does not yet exist!! ...
    Ah the previous posts reminded me of a good old D&D/AD&D/AD&D(SE)DRAGONLANCE/FORGOTTENREALMS session of character/general campaign development... oh the good old days.

:cool2:
    edited January 2008
    Thelemech wrote:
    Ah these posts reminded me of a good old D&D/AD&D/AD&D(SE)DRAGONLANCE/FORGOTTENREALMS session of character/general campaign development... oh the good old days.

:cool2:

....you have no Idea What That Means To Me ... Thank You

:cheers:
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    Thrax wrote:
    Hunters are the easiest class to play, bar none. Because of that, there are millions of them (Yes, millions). If you stick with the game to its advanced stages, you will find yourself in low demand.

Hunters are the easiest class to play, but they are the hardest class to play well. Take it from me, at level 70, hunter dpsing in THE hardest thing to do- every shot has to be perfectly timed for maximum damage, unless you're beast master. In which case I will have no respect for you or any other player of this class- your pet does everything for you while you just go red and invincible.
    edited January 2008
    Nah, a well-geared affliction warlock or fire mage have more abilities and cooldowns to keep track of than a hunter. heh.
    edited January 2008
    we don't have many cooldowns, but we have to perfectly time our regular shots to make up for that- Aran/Illhoof fight I'm doing 1000-1200 (on a very good day 1200, 1000+ usually) dps and coming in the top 3 on overall damage (Gruuls, and no it's not a crap guild :P). And don't get me started on Warlock PvP ¬_¬. However on the Illhoof fight, our warlock does 3000 dps and almost 2 million damage taking adds, it's riddiculous.
    edited January 2008
    Best beginners class, I'd say, is a rogue. Although as Thrax said people would be scraping at the bottom of the barrel if you got a group to an instance unless you were exceptional :P
    edited January 2008
    How is Rogue easier? You actually have to take a hit, or die. ;)
    edited January 2008
    Funny :P But hunters can take a hit- I've tanked a few bosses in my time :P For more than 7 hits too (deterrance ftw)
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    I disagree with you, Haru. My older sister is our guild's main hunter and she says playing a hunter is serious easy mode...she plays sudoku during raids.

Tonight is going to be a 5/6 SSC clear and then some starting work on Vashj.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    I recommend the Uninstall class.
    edited January 2008
    Keebler wrote:
    I recommend the Uninstall class.

Don't you have some databases to normalize or something?
    edited January 2008
    It's hard to master, but once you manage it it is easy, yes, although does require concentration- what spec is she?
    edited January 2008
    edited January 2008
    *Any respect instantly gone* Ofc it's easy! Beast mastery is going red and watching your pet kill everything in sight!
    edited January 2008
    You're right. I'm sorry. I should've realized that you were better than my sister for that reason. You're theorycraft amazes me.

I have never, nor will I ever, play a hunter. But feel free to pass judgment on my spec, oh superior one. Not that I'll change it based on what you say.
    edited January 2008
    omg, we're on the same server, Anne.. I, too, play a 70 Paladin, very similarly-statted to yours. It's too bad you're alliance. :(
    edited January 2008
    Thrax wrote:
    omg, we're on the same server, Anne.. I, too, play a 70 Paladin, very similarly-statted to yours. It's too bad you're alliance. :(

ZOMG for reals? Name? I <3 you even more, Thraxy-baby.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    WoW. Small "world". :crazy:
    edited January 2008
    WoW. Small "world". :crazy:

Either swim, or get outta our pool. Meanie :-P
    edited January 2008
    StainMeNow wrote:
    ZOMG for reals? Name? I <3 you even more, Thraxy-baby.

Solann - <Retaliation> - Horde

This month I'll be bringing my warrior (Sundari - Alliance) over to Uldaman too.
    edited January 2008
    Nice :)

How did you end up in that guild? I would think nothing but the best for Thrax.
    edited January 2008
    The people that run the guild started with me on the Stormrage server in 2004, when I played my Warlock which I've had since release. By the end of 2005, most of us had gone separate directions. So I rolled my Warrior, which I played for 2 years on Cenarion Circle. That server pretty much died -- and my guild with it, so I decided to level a Holy Pally on the Horde on Baelgun (Random server choice). Leveled 1-70 in September, and power-PvPed my ass off for healing epics. In October, I got an AIM out of the blue, inviting me to come play with all the awesome old people from my first guild on Stormrage.

Now I'm just catching up on scattered PVE epics.