IC TF2 server info

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited December 2011 in Team Fortress 2
68.232.183.123:27015

OR:

icrontic.clanservers.com

Also: We ALWAYS need donations to keep it up and running.

Comments

• mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Life is good.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Woot
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    {IC} FTW
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    awesomesauce

Now is it public with no password so when I get home tonight to play and its full all night, then what?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    It is public with no password. Add to your favorites, rock out.

I have not set ANY server config yet except for the name. We'll tweak it with reserved slots, our own map choices, etc. soon.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I just added the server to my favorites. :)

Although, it's listed, I cannot join it?

Edit - I got in, must've been a hiccup.
    edited November 2007
    I would like to make a request for the server. Can we please institute stats on the server? I think it would be awesome to have our own stats page giving you every little detail you could want. I know this existed for the old Counter Strike days when I played that, but not sure with the new TF2 server.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    IMO, stats on a server do not promote a team effort on the public's part. We're going to get a bunch of stat whores playing against/with us.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Doesn't TF2 already handle stats anyways?
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited November 2007
    Yay for our own server. I don't have to feel bad about playing with 10+ of us now on other servers.

We need some kind of admin-mod.
    edited November 2007
    NiGHTS wrote:
    IMO, stats on a server do not promote a team effort on the public's part. We're going to get a bunch of stat whores playing against/with us.
    what if the stats are just for {ic} members?
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Server not responding. :(

Edit: I was able to join. For some reason, it says it's 'not responding', when I just want server info, but it still lets me join.
    edited November 2007
    refresh it in your list CB...had the issue earlier here too.
    edited November 2007
    Got in and tried it out. Seemed to run pretty stable.
    edited November 2007
    Worked well from this end...although it did disconnect on a map change.

I read quite a bit about config the other night trying to get this one up. There are a lot of optimizations (FPS, ticrate, blah blah) that improve performance. I think once we get it tweaked things will be awesome.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Agreed. The thing ran like a champ last night, even with the disconnect. With around 6 {IC} on, it took about 6 minutes to get the server at capacity again.

Should be great once we get everything ironed out. Let me know if you guys need any help doing anything - I got the TS server set up with some channels last night using different codecs. If you have any problems let me know.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I also thought the server ran pretty well, and under full load most of the time as well.

Was anyone using Teamspeak last night? I had a TF2 channel setup and it looked like people joined and then promptly left. So I dunno. Good times though last night. We owned on dustbowl. I have never seen such dominance.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Dude, we pretty much decimated on dustbowl last night. We had what amounted to "the perfect defense".... They never even got out of their respawn! :woowoo:
    edited November 2007
    Ok...I tweaked a couple things....just tested it out. I enabled auto weapon select...do you like or dislike that? Meaning your scroll wheel just changes to the weapon instead of scrolling up the choices. Simple fix to turn back off.

Still trying to sort out to make sure the server is rendering at the max FPS it can. Not sure if this server is Linux or Windows.

Also, our MOTD.txt file consists of this right now (its what you see when you come into the server before you go to select your character) I need input on what it should say:

Welcome to Icrontic.com's TF2 Server
    http://icrontic.com
    Icrontic is a leading tech journal with reporting on enthusiast hardware and software, networking and security, gaming, and digital media.
    This server is open to the public, but we do reserve the right to kick players when our members are ready to play.
    Our map rotation is:
    - gravelpit
    - dustbowl
    - granary
    - well
    - 2fort
    - hydro
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Looks good to me Ryder :thumbsup:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    What's the tick rate, fps and rate set at?
    edited November 2007
    That is just it....there is no FPS setting and I can't find the correct verbage to set it in the config. I understand that without a physical setting, we are at defaults, which should be around 300FPS, but if I can get to 1000 that makes the higher pings more productive.
    Tickrate is for a HLDS server (from what I have read anyway)... TF2 runs on the SRCDS.exe which uses FPS.

// bandwidth rates/settings
    sv_minrate 13000
    sv_maxrate 35000
    sv_minupdaterate 65
    sv_maxupdaterate 99
    sv_mincmdrate 65
    sv_maxcmdrate 99
    sv_client_cmdrate_difference 1
    sv_client_predict 1
    sv_client_interpolate 1
    sv_client_min_interp_ratio -1
    sv_client_max_interp_ratio -1

The extent of the current settings that have anything to do with rates.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Set -tickrate 100 (also try 66 and see how that goes) in the command line when you start the server, also put +fps_max ### in the command line when you launch the console to set the server's FPS rate.

SRCDS yields a lower framerate than you set it to, so if you want 100 FPS, try setting +fps_max 200, or even 250, and check the rcon stats.
    edited November 2007
    Can't get to that part.

There is a button to stop server and a button to restart server in the console (web page at gameservers.com) so unless Brian has more access than I have at the moment.... can't edit the actual startup command.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I've seen people talking about how gameservers doesn't let you do startup flags... :-\
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Everthing seems to be quite fast. Latency/pings are great.
    I like the welcome screen setup too.
    Nice job guys.
    edited November 2007
    I like the server, but my tf2 game keeps crashing on me in the heat of battle :o( making me a very sad panda. tried updating my video drivers but no luck.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    What video card do you have?
    I've got a Radeon X1600 pro 256MB and it had all kinds of problems until I reverted back on the catalyst drivers. I have another thread in graphics--Team Fortress 2 problems with Direct 3D--
    Here's what I had to do to stop video problems..
    I went into safe mode and used Driver Cleaner Pro, Driver Sweeper, And RegCleaner to remove all ATI related products and drivers.
    Restarted windows normally and installed an earlier version 7.7 Catalyst drivers and control center. For some reason the 7.9 & 7.10 versions glitched my pc. Seems there's a lot of people having the same problem..
    PC runs dxdiag D3D tests fine now and the game/games run fine.
    I got the 7.7 version catalyst drivers & control center from Guru3D.com, Downloads, Catalyst Drivers (ATI). Great site for drivers of all kinds.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    its 10:02pm CST, are you on our server playing TF2?
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Can we maybe pin/sticky this topic? It would make sense since the server name & address is pretty important.