Whats a normal video card temperature?

2»

Comments

• mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Bubbleman wrote:
    whats a good data poll interval ms?

Comes down to preference really, but I don't think anything lower than 1000ms (the default) would be necessary.
  • BubblemanBubbleman A Desert
    edited April 2008
    Is it perfectly fine to have the video card fan at 100% at all times?

I mean will it suck up a signifigant amount of power from the power supply?
    edited April 2008
    Bubbleman wrote:
    Is it perfectly fine to have the video card fan at 100% at all times?

I mean will it suck up a signifigant amount of power from the power supply?

Less than 1W for a fan that size. Run as fast as you can stand to listen to.
    edited April 2008
    Done.
    edited April 2008
    Is there any guides to overclock your video card in general?

I've been following this other guide on another website but maybe for rivatuner?
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Overclocking a video card is pretty simple... It's just moving sliders :tongue:
    edited April 2008
    So just slowly move them and reboot, run a game and see if its stable.

Will it crash right away if its set to something over the top?
    edited April 2008
    My card was "overclocked" A little over the factory overclocking, I still think maybe its possible to clock it a bit higher.
    edited April 2008
    It won't instantly crash, it'll most likely freeze or your screen will go all technicolour. If you card was overclocked in the factory then there's not much you can do that would be worth it. ATi tool has a stability test/scan for artefacts (Graphic errors).
    edited April 2008
    Yeah true, Its only overclocked very slightly above its standard clock. So I was thinking it could go maybe a bit more.

I got to say that putting my fan to 100% helped out my temperature quite a bit, so I am still glad I found out about the rivatuner.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/132

I think this might be accurate it shows the video cards factory clock settings so I have been following that.

On a sidenote do you play WoW currently? I use to play for about 2 1/2 years, was a main tank for my guild. I quit at essence of souls do to personal issues at the time.
    edited April 2008
    I'm a 2 1/2 yearer too :tongue: I quit from sheer boredom plus I have exams in a couple weeks :skeptic: Did I not mention RivaTuner controls the fan speed? I meant to :tongue: I have SSC/TK ready gear but I've been running kara repeatedly -_- Once my exams are over I'm gunna apply to a good guild.
    edited April 2008
    Holy crap.. I turned all my cooling down to minimum and set the graphics back to stock... Just playing Total War got my GPU at 100C, but I took the screenshot too late :tongue:
    edited April 2008
    Wow lol, Yeah you did mention it I am saying I am glad you told me about the rivatuner because if I had not known about it I could not adjust my fan speed, it would be set on automatic. Personally the noise from my fan is so bare minimal to the noise my actual fan in my room makes so.

What race, class are you?

I am an male undead warrior

I think I might add another fan to my computer cause the dell machines have the most ****ty cooling ever. I really am not sure where to add a fan or how to but ill find out.
    edited April 2008
    So you use ati tool then, why do you use that instead of rivatuner?

Is there any difference? Or just personal preference, I mean you do have an nvidia card.
    edited April 2008
    I use Both, ATi tool has a termperature monitor that I can run in the system tray as well as a Clock Profile, so you can load stock, overclocked, superclocked just by clicking "load" and RivaTuner allows me to adjust my Shader clock and fan speed.

I'm a male Nightelf Hunter, but one of the originals not the credit card wielding 8 year olds that think greens are skill.
    edited April 2008
    So it is guarenteed tho if you do overclock you will get a increase in temperature, even if its a small increase of changing memory and clock.

I just don't think my dell case has enough good cooling to even attempt to do so would be foolish. So I might just leave it as is.
    edited April 2008
    Any change in the clocks/voltage will have a temperature effect, just it won't be very much in this case. But the hotter a card runs the less performance you get, I had a 7600GT that gave me 1fps in raids til I got extra cooling and then got 20-30.

In your case I dont think it's worth overclocking your GPU due to it already being overclocked and it will most likely reduce your performance anyway.
    edited April 2008
    Yeah true, Think I'll just try to add a fan IF I CAN in this stupid dell case.
    edited April 2008
    Bubbleman wrote:
    Yeah true, Think I'll just try to add a fan IF I CAN in this stupid dell case.

Dremel + zip-ties! You always CAN, it's just not always pretty.