Icrontic's intro to HDR photography

BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of PropagandaOKC Icrontian
edited July 2008 in Science & Tech
img_5363_hdr_small.jpg

Love it or hate it, HDR photography is here to stay. Our man Snarkasm has a swank guide on how to make your own high dynamic range images using Photoshop and Photomatix.

Check this sweet action !

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    I had no idea it was that easy to accomplish!
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    I love and hate HDR. Sometimes it can be used to achieve great effect, but I've seen some seriously overdone HDR. It seems to work well with landscapes, especially pictures taken at dusk and dawn. Regardless, very nice guide!
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Kwitko wrote:
    I love and hate HDR. Sometimes it can be used to achieve great effect, but I've seen some seriously overdone HDR. It seems to work well with landscapes, especially pictures taken at dusk and dawn. Regardless, very nice guide!

THIS. I'm the same way, but it's been so overdone as of late, I've just decided to kind of cross my arms and sneer at HDR for the moment.

DIGG loves HDR, and I see so much over done sub par HDR on there, it kind of burned me out.

But maybe I'll give it a shot myself. Great guide, very informative.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    I think HDR is one of those things you hate until you do one yourself, and then you're like "oh wow, I made that? Awesome!" and you become a fan :D
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited July 2008
    Great tutorial, thanks!
  • -tk-tk Detroit, MI USA Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Excellent article! This technique is very similiar to doing a pre-exposure with film, and as a recent film to digital convert I've been looking for the digital equivalent. Cheers!