Beer Is Going Up In Price?

MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
edited July 2008 in Food & Drink
I was watching the news last night and they did a segment on how beer prices are about to go up; due to the rising cost of aluminum. Not the mention Labatt's is about to get hit HARD with more dumping fees :-(

Save the beer!

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    If Labatt's was $1000 a bottle, I don't think I would notice.
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Thrax wrote:
    If Labatt's was $1000 a bottle, I don't think I would notice.

Not many people would. The point I was trying to make originally before my keyboard died was...

It's getting to the extent that Hop rich areas such as Idaho, Washington and British Columbia have 24/7 armed guards protecting the fields...
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited July 2008
    Here in Athens Brew Fest is going on, and tons of micro breweries from all around come and sell their special beers. I'm sure some of you guys have heard of Great Lakes Brewing. Anyway, I really like one of their beers, Dortmunder which is about $3 a bottle if your at the bars. I had a bottle of Dortmunder Imperial, and apparently they only made 180 cases of it. Hows $7 a bottle sound for not being at a sporting event? Some of my friends were talking about a chocolate peanut butter beer that is amazing. Sounds really weird, but I want to try it.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    real beer doesnt come in an aluminum can...

wait, what metal are kegs made with? ;)
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    fatcat wrote:
    real beer doesnt come in an aluminum can...

wait, what metal are kegs made with? ;)

Aluminum :P