Microsoft + Yahoo - if you are confused, read on.

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited July 2008 in Science & Tech
Icrontic's Robert Hallock summarizes the wranglings and goings-on of two internet behemoths.

Comments

• ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Quite the nice summery of events sir!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Very well done, Robert. The report was concise, clear, and factual. That's the first piece I've seen that put the whole matter into one article, addressing the majority of salient events.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    :)
  • TvManPwnsTvManPwns Manitoba, Canada Member
    edited July 2008
    Ah, ty. I wasn't sure on what was going on between the two companies. This sure cleared things up!
    :D
  • edited July 2008
    When there's note that there's too much to 'overlap' between the two companies, what exactly does Microsoft see themselves getting out of ownership? Where would they go with the franchise?

Imo, Microsoft is just a rich bastahrd who can contend in the purchasing large franchises such as Y!. Is there anything that Microsoft has done with their own company (online-wise) that proves to us that they can make something big, bigger? No, Microsoft does not innovate with their online presense, partly creating their absense of one. >.> I can't see them actually doing anything more with Y! than what it has already made itself. A Google-Y! merger would by far give me a warmer feeling, largely because I can see them actually contributing their own flair to Y!, where as Microsoft could only be trying to increase their already more than already staggering 60b in revenue.

Am I making sense? Am I missing something?

//edit// Thanx for the excellent article Thuuuurracks.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    The only thing you're missing is a Google-Yahoo merger would essentially put internet search in the hands of a single company, and nobody would even come close.