ThraxThrax 🐌Austin, TX Icrontian
edited September 2008 in Science & Tech
1) We just weren't happy with today's good UIs.<br>
2) LOLM$<br>
3) Any excuse to make Javascript not suck...<br>
4) Cloud apps are the new thing, guv, honest.<br>
5) Evil does not distribute comic books.<br>
6) Leave no market segment unturned.<br>
7) Hey, bros, mind if we check out your browser party and drink all your beer?<br>
8) We love FOSS! <u>^ ^</u><br>
9) We never thought Firefox would actually be successful.<br>
10) Bored Google is bored.<br>

Comments

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Lets see Cuil do THIS!
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    I take it Chrome flopped?
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    It's ok. I'm using instead of FF3 right now. Seems to be somewhat faster, but I dunno.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    I'm also trying it out. I'd say its noticeably faster right now.

Edit/Update: I'm sorry but that new tab window with the most frequent pages is as good or better than bookmarks. I have NO need for bookmarks now...it's awesome.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Chrome won't load for me.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    It works, and works fast. Thing seem intuitive and easy to use. I am impressed for just being a beta. Looking forward to the final product.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    never mind, nothing to see here.
  • -tk-tk Detroit, MI USA Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Using it right now...it's crazy, it works just like a web browser! What will they think of next?
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    11) To facilitate the spread of advertising content and user data mining throughout the web by making javascript rendering the browser's priority.
  • -tk-tk Detroit, MI USA Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    12) yet another step in the direction of complete world domination!

On that note, I always get this weird feeling about google. It reminds me of that "Twilight Zone" episode where the aliens show up, and they're all nice and friendly and all they want to do is help out...until you get on the mothership for a trip to their lovely planet and find out that YOU"RE GOING TO BE USED AS FOOD!!
  • RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
    edited September 2008
    Think it's kind of ironic how Google/Apple comes out with a new product and the world goes "Ooooooo, Ahhhhh, Ohhhhhh.. This is the best ________ I've ever seen!"

Microsoft comes out with something new and everyone is ready switch to Black & White film, while grabbing their pitchforks and torches, yelling "kill the monster"

Used Chrome at home, doesn't seem much different than FF, guess I'll give it a few more days. Still sticking with IE7/8 or FF for now......
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    RADA wrote:
    Microsoft comes out with something new and everyone is ready switch to Black & White film, while grabbing their pitchforks and torches, yelling "kill the monster"
    It's amazing what years of monopoly and poor PR can do to a company's efforts. :ninja:
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Thrax wrote:
    5) Evil does not distribute comic books.<br>

Then WHO does? I shudder to think I've wasted decades reading comic books in the service of Satan's goals only to find out my efforts mean naught...:rarr:

Anyways...it is interesting to see Google (Chrome) and Apple's (iphone 3G) technological missteps greeted with understanding and tolerance rather than the discontent and derision of MS. I do think it has to do with the latter's longer history of making better products...or it could just be better marketing.