Giving up Soda/Caffine.

CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
edited September 2008 in Fitness
In an effort to remove my addiction to caffine I've gone an entire week so far without having any and replacing my Mt. Dew consumption with water. So far I've lost about 4 pounds in a week without doing much of anything else different. I'm still walking/jogging 2 miles every other day or so. Trying to get into better shape for my wedding next summer.

Comments

• edited September 2008
    Congrats and good luck! I've kicked the soda thing a long time ago. I don't necessarily drink healthy beverages, but I usually drink Lipton Green Teas or just normal green tea. Definitely my vice. But better than cola.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    juices for me bro
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    black coffee
    water

that's about all I drink anymore.

weight loss? none. I haven't lost any weight at all even though I've removed probably a cup of white sugar a week from my diet.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    only a cup! lol

dude cut sugar out and drink real juices u'll lose weight and feel better
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, a cup isn't much at all. :)
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    I've removed probably a cup of white sugar a [strike]week[/strike] day from my diet.
    black coffee
    water
    beers

Fixt.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Whatever. A LOT of ****ing sugar has been cut from my diet.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Good luck Joe, whatever your motives. I am a caffeine addict extraordinaire!
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Good on you Joe, dropping pop made me lose a lot of weight in a short period of time. It made me realize how much I was actually eating.
    black coffee
    water

weight loss? none. I haven't lost any weight at all even though I've removed probably a cup of white sugar a week from my diet.

You take synthroid don't you? Weight loss for people with metabolic issues due to thyroid deficiency is much different.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    dude cut sugar out and drink real juices u'll lose weight and feel better

You won't lose too much weight by switching to fruit juice. It has nearly as many calories from sugar (they just happen to be natural sugars instead of HFCS) as soft drinks and the nutritional value of fruit juice vs. eating fruit is reduced.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    I cur regular soda out of my diet two years ago, and never experienced an improvement. Finally tired of not having any soda, I started letting myself have a can of Mountain Dew per day about a month ago, and haven't gained any wait because of it.

I think it's because milk had become my new snack drink, and milk has more calories than soda does, even if it is healthier in general.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Replacing pop with water is one of the best things I've ever done.

Keeping water at my side at all times is a huge plus as well.

You keep yourself hydrated, you're less likely to feel hungry through the stretches of day between meals (that's how it works for me, anyways).

Helps curb consumption.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited September 2008
    I love Monster Energy's products. I can't stop drinking the assault and regular ones. Other than those, I don't drink a lot of soda. Mostly water and lemonade.