Energy Drinks?

edited October 2008 in Food & Drink
Any of you drink energy drinks like Monster, Lost, Rockstar, Fullthrottle, Amp, etc??? I like to have one every once in a while. From what I'm hearing it's okay to have one every once a in a while but like 2 a day and crap is very unhealthy?

Comments

• UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Bawls.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Bawls is great. Quite a few people at the game store say Mana is srs bsns.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Nope. They all taste awful.
  • edited October 2008
    Black Hawk wrote:
    Nope. They all taste awful.
    Really? Too me, I went a certain order, I drank redbell then amp and all the flavors grew on me. Never really heard anyone say they taste bad haha.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    I think Red Bull tastes disgusting, but I like low-carb Monster quite a bit.

Red Bull tastes like cigarette ash.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    If you can find them at 7-11. Spike shooter, its like Monster after smoking a bunch of crack they have a big warning about never drinking more than one can a day...so I drank two the first time and didn't sleep for a day and a half. I don't drink anything besides tea and water if I can now, I feel better.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited October 2008
    Monster is the best energy drink out there in my opinion. I've had just about every single energy drink available in the US. My favorites are Monster (regular), Monster Kaos, Sobe Gold, and Sobe Adrenaline. My fridge is constantly stocked with all kinds of them (mostly monster though). NOS grape is pretty tasty too. Bawls is over hyped, overpriced, and doesn't have much flavor. AMP tastes like crap, although the red version(fruit punch? idk), tastes alright. I guess you could call me an energy drink connoisseur. I usually have 1 or 2 a day. Price wise, it's a worse addiction than cigarettes.

Redbull tastes alright, but its the biggest ripoff out of any beverage. An 8.3 oz can costs exactly the same, if not more, than a 16 oz (fill in the blank).
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    I used to drink Rockstar Juiced energy drinks to stay awake in class, since they're the only energy drink that doesn't taste like ass in my opinion. They did suceed in keeping me awake in class, but after a while my body got used to them and they just made me feel sick. I try to avoid energy drinks now, because they're full of bad stuffs for you, and I'd like to eliminate energy like drinks all together, but I still need to drink mountain dew and take no doz sometimes to stay awake in class. Still not fantastic for you, but I like to think it's better than drinking those rockstar things.... :D
  • edited October 2008
    I mainly drink Red Bull and assorted Rockstars. My favorite right now are the java/latte ones. I don't drink these often, but usually go through them in quick bursts. I usually just drink coffee or tea now a days.
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    I used to drink energy drinks until I took the time to read the label. That is when I noticed one energy drink is equivalent to ~15 candy bars.

Now, on the rare occasion I do drink energy drinks it is sugar free redbull/Monster.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    I only drink energy drinks with Jagermeister. Noms.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    The blue can monster, the best.
    edited October 2008
    I mainly drink Red Bull and assorted Rockstars. My favorite right now are the java/latte ones. I don't drink these often, but usually go through them in quick bursts. I usually just drink coffee or tea now a days.
    Irish Cream Java Monster is the best.

I don't drink energy drinks that much though, excluding the days at the LAN. I had about 3 Bawls a day. Besides that, I rarely drink them.

And Arizona Green Tee with Honey has taken the place of pop in my life.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Not that there's much difference between the two. ;D
    edited October 2008
    :rolleyes: