Tagan Monolize-CS case review

GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
edited November 2008 in Science & Tech
Tagan is a manufacturer of PC power supplies, storage solutions, and cases. The company supplied us with a Monolize-CS tower case, an impressive creation that features two huge 250 mm side intake fans.

At first glance, the Monolize case seems to be the ideal case for an enthusiast on a budget. It fits into the market at the very attractive $100 USD price point while offering a unique coolin... Continue reading

Comments

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    It's so BIG!
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited October 2008
    Great work, GH! Looks like a great case for the price :)
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    WOW.... nice looking.... I haven't weighed a case in a while, how does this one compare to other cases you've worked with?
    edited October 2008
    I think Rob said this case weighs quite a bit more than the other cases we have on hand for review. This baby is a massive steel monstrosity and it's weight is comparable to an armoured car.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    I actually did physically weight the case. It's definitely heavier than most cases I've worked with before, but comes in very close to the manufacturer spec weight of 26 pounds - it weighed in at exactly 26.2 pounds for me.

Case weight, however, isn't really a factor when it's stationary, and the weight of it simply speaks to the quality of construction. Tagan used a heavy-gauge steel for the construction, nothing cheap or flimsy about any of it.
    edited October 2008
    So you're saying it's build like a Chrysler Imperial and should be banned from banger racing.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Exactly!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Did Tagan just define a new class of case?

Full size tower, high quality, top tier cooling, budget builders
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    No Leo

Ive tested both this case and an Antec 300 with the exact same setup and the Antec 300 has lower idle and load temps.

I also know an Antec 900 is better than the 300.

The 900 is $110, the Tagan is $99, and the 300 is $55