My pledge to myself

2»

Comments

• TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    This last week was complete fail. Completely stressed with school and just in a terrible mood all week. I had no desire to workout at all, yet I still felt bad for not doing it. Now I'm feeling better, much less stressed/depressed. Time to get this shit going again. Gonna hit the gym here in a little while. Do a little lifting just to get my muscles stressed again and then do some running.
  • ArtemisArtemis New
    edited October 2008
    I wish you the best of luck!

Remember, don't deprive yourself TOO much when it comes to food. If you feel deprived, you will fail and crumble. Plus, it sucks to not be able to eat what you'd like.

What I like to do is eat healthy ALL weeklong (but remember, portion is KEY. Too much of ANYTHING is bad), but on Saturdays (today!) I allow myself to whatever the heck I want. I also eat a salad once a day too, even on Saturday.

At this rate, I'm losing slowly but steadily and have been for months.
    And you can do it too! Don't give up!

OH, pictures help too. Put a pic of a musculer guy (or a fat guy, negative reinforcement!) on your fridge door to remind yourself of your goals.

This last week was complete fail. Completely stressed with school and just in a terrible mood all week. I had no desire to workout at all, yet I still felt bad for not doing it. Now I'm feeling better, much less stressed/depressed. Time to get this shit going again. Gonna hit the gym here in a little while. Do a little lifting just to get my muscles stressed again and then do some running.

Aww, I'm sorry. :( but we all have our bad weeks, don't feel bad.

You know, exercise really helps with stress. I know that you're busy with stuff, esp classes, but if you worked out for even just 15-20 min BEFORE you study, you'll be feeling much better, less stressed, and can work more efficiently (you'll feel more focused). Then you'll have more time to do the things that you enjoy.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    keep at it Tiberius. It's SO hard to get any kind of routine going. When I started running, I was with a group of like 7 or 8 guys. We went together. As time went on, the less serious ones stopped going regularly. I didn't let anything stop me, I forced habit upon myself.

Now days, I'm sure I'm the only one that still runs. And almost 2 years later, the benefits I've gained are massive. the ones that quit, most of them regret it, and a few have gained weight.

Force the habit! It's the hardest part.

And crap, be careful doing cardo if you have asthma. Asthma is a bit of a beast.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    UPSLynx wrote:
    And crap, be careful doing cardo if you have asthma. Asthma is a bit of a beast.

My asthma is cold induced so the only times it really bothers me badly is if I go outside in fall/winter and try to do pretty much any kind of exercise. Other times I just get the tightness in my chest a little. With it getting cold I'm just doing the ole treadmill thing.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    My asthma is cold induced so the only times it really bothers me badly is if I go outside in fall/winter and try to do pretty much any kind of exercise. Other times I just get the tightness in my chest a little. With it getting cold I'm just doing the ole treadmill thing.
    Same here man. Make sure you always bring your inhaler on your runs. I once went out for a run in the cold and forgot it. Had to walk back a quarter of a mile with an asthma attack. Sometimes it works to take 2 puffs of your inhaler before you run and it won't bother you as much.

Good luck and keep it up.