Photoshop gurus

MadballMadball Fort Benton, MT
edited December 2008 in Internet & Media
A good friend gave me an old photo to scan, enlarge, and print for his wife's xmas gift. The photo is pretty faded and in need of some serious TLC. I don't have the PS knowledge to do a respectable job. Is there anyone here who is willing to take a few minutes to help me? I don't need a complete restoration, just make it look a little better.

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited December 2008
    How much are you trying to enlarge it by?

And what's the deadline?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Get a high-res scan uploaded and I'm sure we'll see what we can do.
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, if you don't mind, just post it and some of us will take a crack at it. :)

/me rolls up his sleeves
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Just post the highest res version of it you possibly can and someone here will take a crack at it, I'm sure
  • MadballMadball Fort Benton, MT
    edited December 2008
    how large of file can I post?
    It's high res and about 7mb.

He want's a print around 8X10.
    edited December 2008
    Go here to get the photo. Not original size, but as high as they'll let me upload.

Show me what you guys can do!
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    If you can scan it bigger, but file size is issue.. we can always get you space to upload bigger files.
    edited December 2008
    I did this really fast and it's a little sloppy. The color was really jacked in the original and I'm pretty bad at color restoration, so someone else might be able to correct that more accurately.

I have the psd if anyone wants it.

cheers :jared:
    pic.jpg 136.1K
    edited December 2008
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    If you can scan it bigger, but file size is issue.. we can always get you space to upload bigger files.

If you have a place for me to upload it, I have the original scan. It's about 30mb.
    edited December 2008
    edited December 2008
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Here's 20 minutes worth. It's not great, but the picture is viewable again for the most part. I'd work longer but I'm juggling quite a few other projects at the moment but figured I should chip in.

If you decide you want it I still have the full res image. I saved it flattened by mistake so the psd won't be much use to anyone except for a further starting point though it'd prob be better to just start over.