Ryder's Unfattening Fitness Popular Adventure

RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
edited January 2009 in Fitness
Was not sure how the naming scheme here was supposed go.. so I hope I covered all bases ;D:buck:

I have kept mostly quiet on this subject since late last year, mostly due to a complete failure on my part after Oktoberfest 2007. I had started a workout regimen 13 or so weeks prior to that event and was beginning to reap the rewards. Upon returning from Oktoberfest, I completely stopped working out, why? That question is still unanswered.

Fast forward to August 2008, I have had enough!! I was going to do this right and I was going to make it stick, come hell or high water.

I am currently 15 weeks in come Wednesday. I have lost 23 lbs and a little over 3 inches off my waist.

Workout is split between cardio and weights, 5 days a week. 2 days of cardio and 3 on weights. Up until today, weights consisted of nothing but pushups, situps, and other excercises with dumbells that I did at home. Cardio was all done on the treadmill.
Today I joined a gym because I want to be able to build on my weight program more than working out at home can do. I mean, I was doing pushups with weight on my back, situps with weight on my chest, there was just no more I could gain.

I set my starting points today as follows:

Bench Press - 3x8 @ 145lbs
Leg Press - 3x8 @ 250bs
Incline situps - 3x8 @ 25lbs
Barbell Curl - 8/7/7 @ 70lbs
Lat Pull downs - 3x8 @ 105lbs
Seated Hamstring Curl - 3x8 @ 135lbs
Seated Leg Extension - 3x8 @ 150lbs (I think)
Seated Fly - 3x8 @ 50lbs
Barbell Row - 3x8 @ 95lbs
Squat was a failure :rolleyes:

I want to add more, I was a little pressed for time today and the gym was quite active. I look forward to most of my workouts having the place more to myself.

I want to say a HUGE thank you to IC's favorite Guru of everything: Thrax
Motivation, advice, proper diet, he has helped with all of it.

See ya at the Gym !!

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Keep on keepin' on, man. :) If you stall, keep at it. If you get off the cart, jump back on. Don't let a day or a week throw you.

You've made awesome progress so far, keep it up!
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Awesome progress, Eric!
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited December 2008
    I am currently 15 weeks in come Wednesday. I have lost 23 lbs and a little over 3 inches off my waist.

Hot damn. Keep up the good work. ^_^

Great leg workout btw!
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    Ok..almost 4 weeks.. so time to update. Friday is a good day to do this, since I just finished my first week of a new routine.
    Not a lot of change on the weight and waist... but my Cardio has suffered lately.. haven't been in 2 weeks.. failboat. No gains though.. my weight has not gone up (it did go down a little).

Monday:
    Pullups: 1 word here.. I FAIL at this. Working on Negative pullups until I can do some.
    Barbell Curl: 3x10 @ 75lbs
    Deadlift: 3x8 @ 190lbs (50lbs from my first set of this with Thrax in Royal Oak)
    Dumbell Curl: 3x12 (6 on each arm) @ 35lbs (need a 37.5 set of DB's, 40 just won't happen)
    Incline Situp: 3x8 @ 35lbs on my chest (+10)
    Lat Pulldowns: 3x10 @ 105lbs
    Barbell Row: 3x8 @ 105lbs (+15)

Wednesday:
    Flat Bench: 3x8 @ 165lbs (+20)
    Ab Curls (Machine based): 3x10 @ 110lbs
    Decline Bench: 3x8 @ 100lbs (2 x 50 DB's)
    Dips: 3x8 @ 150lbs (Dip machine, no Body Weight dips yet)
    Incline Bench: 3x8 @ 95lbs
    Skullcrushers: 3x8 @ 45lbs

Friday:
    Squats: 3x8 @ 165lbs (+40)
    Barbell Shoulder Press: 3x8 @ 85lbs
    Leg Press: 3x8 @ 340lbs (adjusted to include static weight of machine, 1st post edited)
    Plank: 2x60 (seconds)
    Hamstring Curls: 3x10 @ 195lbs
    Lateral Dumbell Raise: 3x10 @ 20lbs
    Calf Raises: 3x8 @ 100lbs.