Printer Sharing...XP w/ ME....BLUCK!!! HELP?

budhisetiawanbudhisetiawan Mars Hill, NC Member
edited January 2009 in Science & Tech
At my parents and my dad has a hand-me-down pc...

It is running on ME....the there is XPPro....

The printer is on the XP....

I cant get the ME to c the printer....heck

They are both on wireless connections....both have internet...so i know they are both on the network...

The thing is when i go to Network place on the XP....

I see the ME and can access files that have sharing turned on...

The ME machine though...

I see the XP but cant excess anything...

I have turned on sharing in the printer...and it has folders and stuff shared too...what am i missing?

TIA

Comments

• edited January 2009
    You say you see the Xp but can't access anything. What exact error do you get? Please include as much info about the problem as you can. I want you to try creating an account on the ME machine with exact matching credentials as an account on the XP machine.

Example: XP machine has the user "Brian" with the password "12345".

Create an account on the ME machine with "Brian" as the username and the password "12345" (remember this is only an example, use what you already have). Try to access the files and printer again. If this doesn't work make sure that file and printer sharing is enabled on the XP machine along with any support services it may need. Make sure your printer is selected as your default printer in XP. Check your settings again to make sure its shared properly.

Please give us more error detail but I suspect logging in with an identical account will solve your issue.
  • budhisetiawanbudhisetiawan Mars Hill, NC Member
    edited January 2009
    I thought of the user account stuff....but didnt think about the default printer...

I have left their house and dont plan on returning for 2 months...

grrr....

I will be working on it though next time and update the thread....

Thx for the input...