Chieftec CH-02 Case Review

UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA:Redwood City, CA Icrontian
edited February 2009 in Science & Tech

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    The perfect case for a coin collector. "Is that a 1943 steel penny in row 5, col 3 of the bezel?" ;D

Great review, Lynx! Hey, can we link to the bigger versions of those images? I'd especially like to see a bigger shot of that first one.
  • NorgeNorge Sidney, Ohio
    edited February 2009
    This case looks like a fine candidate for a "Connect Four" case mod. Honestly, how cool would that be? You know, up until the point that all the game pieces block your air flow...
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    A Connect Four mod would be sweet. I always thought it looked like a cheese grater.

I'd like to see the blue LED with the door closed.
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited February 2009
    Cute product.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    The case has TONS of modding potential, but sadly does nothing for me as is.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    I talked to the Chieftec rep yesterday. They'll be unveiling some cases at CeBit that are more geared toward enthusiasts. What he showed me was similar to the Antec 900.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Holy CRAP connect 4 mod has so much potential.

Remember how feverishly LAN-goers kept playing C4 last summer? Thrax vs. Weezer was epic. Now imagine that showdown... on a PC.

I uploaded all of the images to the IC media library, you should be able to see the high res there.

As for the first one:
    //icrontic.com/uploads/2009/02/frontclosed.jpg
    edited February 2009
    ...also just noticed that you can see my big daddy figure in the open-side pic. Awesome.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    UPSLynx wrote:
    I uploaded all of the images to the IC media library, you should be able to see the high res there.
    Wasn't aimed at you; no one linked the images to their originals for some reason. I went and added them now.
    edited February 2009
    Ahhhh gotcha