Craft Pack... from Costco?

GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
edited April 2009 in Food & Drink
In my latest trip to Costco (yesterday) I noticed that they have a Kirkland Signature (Costco's house brand) craft pack of beers, containing a pale ale, amber ale, lager, and hefeweisen. The case only costs about 18 bucks, to boot.

I'm trying all four and I'll post my impressions here once I've tried the four.
Anyone else tried these?

Comments

• edited March 2009
    I wasn't even aware that Kirkland had it's own brewery : ? Sounds kinda fishy
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    It doesn't. Rebadged.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    Yes, they are all brewed by the same company that brews the Trader Joe's house brand as well, as far as I can tell.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Unibroue? by chance? Unibroue has done some beer that is only sold at Trader Joe's, I'm not sure if they label it as their "house" brew.

Look forward to the reviews

-Bobby
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    If Unibroue is behind the Costco house brand, I'm gettin' my ass a costco renewal.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    From what I can dig up, Gordon Biersch is behind the Kirkland Select beer label. So far I've tried three of them, and I find them all to be a bit over-hopped for my tastes, though both the Amber Ale and basic lager were very drinkable.

One to go, the Hefeweisen. I'll give my full impressions once I've tried it.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Be careful with beer you purchase from Costco. My dad stopped buying from there, because they left Oberon on the floor all winter long, and never had it refrigerated. Check the dates, and make sure you only purchase beer that doesn't have to be refrigerated there. Costco is not a brewery, and not a very good liquor store, either.