Who are you?

Comments

• croc_croc_ New
    edited November 2003
    Name: Jared Nickerson
    Occupation: Web/Graphics/Media/Office/Lunch Bitch @ Prototype Concepts/Kaminari USA/Racetech North America
    School: HS Grad, some college, some tech. Night School.
    Interests: computers (no ****?? computers?!?!!), basketball, video games, cars, driving, drawing, art, music blah blah blah.
    Folding: croc_ (soon to be 3.2HT, 3.2HT o/c and 2500+ all 24-7)

I am pretty boring. I play games, chat on IRC/Yahoo/AIM, sleep, do random **** with my roommates, visit my GF@ucla .... u kno, normal boring ppl stuff. I drive a 2003 Ford Focus (2.3l 5spd). Has 15k miles on it already, got it July 20th. I like anime, rock music, NBA, long walks on the bea.... errr ....

so thats about it.

Picture of me squinting cause of my camera flash. I'm a wimp.
    www.ice-box.net/icebox/squint.jpg
  • edited November 2003
    Ya know, croc, after reading that little slip it looks to me in that picture like you're tryin' to look sexy...whatcha say, is that yer sexy look there hoss?
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited November 2003
    LOL ... no heres my sexy look.

www.ice-box.net/icebox/public/croc.jpg

HAHAHA, I am such an e-pimp it hurts.

(that picture is so gay)
  • edited November 2003
    WHHHooooOOOOOoooo I betcha got honeys just throwin' themselves at ya.
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited November 2003
    hahahahahahahaha, well I have a gf, so even if they were (oh and you know they are :P) I can't do anything about it!
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited November 2003
    Where'd this thread come from?

Bothered
    Bill Hartley, Age 50, On my second wife, Five kids from 10 to 26, Four grand children. Engineer, Non drinker (friend of bill w's) Very happy with my lot, drives a Toyota camry. Aquarian, fairest in the universe. Father's a Blacksmith, Mother died in 90.
    Loves Family, Science, Computers, Reggae, lots of Reggae. The Simpsons.

That's me. :thumbsup:
  • DoongaDoonga Massachusetts
    edited November 2003
    Name: Todd Punderson
    Occupation: Night Manager at a local grocery chain, computer nerd too :)

Found the site during the ati driver fiasco and decided to stay
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited November 2003
    Welcome, Doonga!
  • CreepCreep Hell Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    CreepingDeath (No that's not my real name, but it's about all I answer to anymore!) Work a crummy factory job just trying to save and get the heck outta here! Live in Jersey (Don't start) Play Guitar, Build Computers, Try and **** as many women as I can before I die, Play video games (Just bought a Logi MOMO FFB Steering Wheel!) Oh yea, and I'll be 23 at the end of January!
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited November 2003
    Name: Adrian Nadjiwon
    Marital Status: Separated over 2 years but still very amicable with the Wife
    Location: Currently Ottawa, Ontario, but my real home is the Chippewas of Nawash
    Occupation: They call me a Creative Director but I'm really a Graphic Designer with middling ambition. Check out http://wwwspiritcreative.com
    Education: Sheridan College Classical (Not that upstart computer ****e) Animation way back in 1990
    Interests: Graphic design, computer hardware, hunting, pool (I'm a shark baybee), bowling and gaming. Gaming is my biggest addiction, It wouldn't be if I wasn't so damn good or if wasn't so much fun. I've been gaming since 97 (Read "Marital Status) Currently part of TSH, a MOHAA/CoD Clan http://www.tsh-clan.com/index.php
    Petpeeves: People who know nothing about computers and expect me to teach them. I just don't have the patience. Racists, liars and general dishonesty (The last 3 are masks for ignorance)
    What makes my day: Client comments, a call from Diane (Read "Marital Status".) Leafs win! When people actually understand what I'm saying.
  • BudBud Chesterfield, Va
    edited December 2003
    hey guys! my name is Bud (i bet that was hard to guess) Im a student at ecpi (tech. school) for it networking and security. Also im 18.
  • RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
    edited December 2003
    My name is Fred, I'm 35 and grew up on Cape Cod, MA. I'm currently a software test engineer for IBM in Tucson, AZ. I spent 8 years in the US Air Force as a network admin. I'll have my BS degree in MIS in April. (Took way too long!) Plan on going right into Masters in Computer Sciences.

My interests are diverse. I find myself gravitating towards anything that I can learn from. Being the walking dicotomy I am, I spend almost as much time in the gym as I do on my computer! My wife says it's against IT-geek laws for us to be healthy! LOL! I SCUBA dive as often as I can, and love to explore as much of this rock we call home as my Boss and budget will allow!

I'm a member of a MOHAA/CoD clan called the WARMONGERS.

-RADA-
  • edited December 2003
    My name is Justin and am interested in folding. I do have some reservations about it though.

1. I play a lot of games and do not want to hurt the performance of these games when I play them. I mean I did not buy that 9800XP to fold teh proteens!! LOLZZZ!!!!! ;D;D

2. How much money is awarded to the competition winners? Do you guys distribute the money you win to the team members based on what they contributed? I am going to get a 1337 machine going so I can get my points up there to get a good cut of the profits!!! :D:D:D
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Go to either ASU or U of A - Tucson is absolutely beautiful, and I lived in Tempe for years... it's a good place to live if you ignore the pollution and the gangs. California is just too expensive!
  • Al_CapownAl_Capown Indiana
    edited December 2003
    I love Tucson so much man. My aunt lives there right now and we typically visit her on spring break. That place is just great.
  • DragstkDragstk Syracuse, N.Y.
    edited December 2003
    Name-Jeff Owen
    Age-46
    Location-Oswego, NY
    Occupation-Printing Machine Operator(soon to be unemployed-corporate choice)
    Divorced with 1 son.

Owned a computer for a couple of years. But just in the last year, began tweaking. I am in the process of building a dedicated Folding computer, as I feel this is a very worthwhile endevor. Like to play computer games, but I am absolutely terrible.

When not playing with my computer, I'm out riding my mountain bikes (I have 5 of them). When the weathers bad, I'm playing racquetball. Just bought a new Chevy Xtreme pick up
  • Al_CapownAl_Capown Indiana
    edited December 2003
    Welcome to the forums Jeff. Glad to know you will be folding for our team.
  • ginipigginipig OH, NOES
    edited December 2003
    Hey, my name's Joey, and I guess I'm the newest member to this group? I'm 21, a senior @ Rice University, Houston Texas, and I've been a Car.Racing-nut ever since I learned how to change a tire. I haven't had that much experience with computer modifications; I'm usually in my garage, preparing my ride for autocross competitions. I stumbled across this site as a direct result of Creep's recommendations. Oh, and btw, I'm a Counter-Strike fiend.

I'm a Philosophy major, with my double major being Chemistry. Until recently, I'd never really heard of F@H. I've spent way too much time working on my car, as my girlfriend can attest to fact that I smell more toxic than her nail-polish remover. Consequently, I decided to pursue other interests.

Seti@Home has been available for a while now, but I never really found any practical use for it. I guess F@H had more of an impact on me, due to it's far-reaching effects. I know numerous people that stand to gain from this techno-marvel, and I guess that it was only right that I took part.

I've never really been part of an online community before, so I haven't the foggiest idea of what's expected of me. If my online ettiquette seems to be way out of line, let me know. I usually don't hold grudges (unless, of course, if it means that I'd lost a trophy due to a piece of gum caught in the intake lines,) and I'd be more than happy to debate any issue.

Now, if only I could figure out how to get F@H to actually work. :D
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited December 2003
    ginipig: I think Khan (but it might be Khaos) goes to Rice. He does the radio on Wednesday mornings @ 5:30 (I believe).
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited December 2003
    ginipig had this to say
    Now, if only I could figure out how to get F@H to actually work. :D
    Check out this thread.
    Also, feel free to start/join a thread in the Team Short-Media section.

We have some of the foremost Folding experts in the world here at Team 93 and we'll be glad to help you any way we can.

Nice to have you here! :wave::fold::thumbsup:
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Now, if only I could figure out how to get F@H to actually work.
    servers are acting up this morning so you may run into difficulties there ...just keep trying and keep an eye on this thread also.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Welcome to the site, ginipig. You'll find that all the bases of your interests are covered.

Let's see.. you like cars, no problem:

http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7099
    http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6941
    http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6965

As you can see, we have plenty of car geeks on the site.

You like folding? We are one of the top teams in the world, and have many, many experts.

Oh, and you like girls .... :D

http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30

Welcome to the site :)
    edited December 2003
    primesuspect had this to say
    Oh, and you like girls .... :D

http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30
    That thread goes on for page after page!

Funny, I never seem to get past the very first picture... :respect:
    edited December 2003
    lol

Maxims are always a great read.
  • witenoizwitenoiz 19,356 miles East of Kansas City, MO Member
    edited December 2003
    HI, My name is Jack. I live in a suburb of Kansas City, Mo - I started F@H last August and was ranked #1 on the team I was with. I really like the Forum here with Short-Media so I joined on the 18th of Dec. Now I have to learn some of the coding to attach Pix and some of the things I'm working with.. Anyway this has a feel at home comfortable kind of thing about it so here I am!
    edited December 2003
    pssst, witenoiz, check out that link that PrimeSuspect posted !! :buck:

Welcome to Short-Media's Folding Team:thumbup
    edited December 2003
    witenoiz had this to say
    Anyway this has a feel at home comfortable kind of thing about it so here I am!
    We are serious about the important research being done, but not so much that we can't have a ball while doing it. :D

We also try to acknowledge our team member's milestones. Check this out - I have a feeling we'll be posting a lot of these for you! :respect::fold:

Welcome to the FUN team! :wave:
  • miinkiemiinkie UK
    edited January 2004
    Well who am i?

Name: Ade

About me:
    Originally from Nigeria, lived in the UK for past 8yrs.
    Like people specially female variety, beeeerrr, partying and PC's. 1st pc early 80's (sinclair spectrum), moved on to Commodore 64. Took it apart (not too subtly) within 1st few months to find out how it worked. Well it never worked after that.

Started building PC's 2 yrs ago following a PSU of a retail system i had blowing up in a storm. Needed a straight recasing, but got me interested enough to put 1 together myself. Now own 2 i built and have built for friends.

Like my job ... still!!

Getting married in Aug to GF of 5 yrs.

started folding for Team 93 a cpl of weeks ago

Have had gr8 advice from loads of people on here for pc related probs and feels comffy here. :O well i'll stop waffling now!!
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    miinkie ...

UK represent :D:cool:
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited January 2004
    Hi Miinkie, We could use a shrink here!