The Sweet Science

KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired)By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
edited May 2009 in Fitness
Well, after many starts and stops, I am finally back into boxing, but this time I'm taking it much more seriously than before. I now train twice a week with a friend of mine and every Saturday at an honest-to-goodness boxing gym. While the one-on-one is fun, it's still work. The gym isn't fun. It's hell. You go 3 minute rounds with a 1 minute rest in between. Today was a 12 rounder.

• 3 rounds of double-end speed bag. This is similar to the speed bag, but it's suspended between the floor and ceiling. It's great for learning speed and timing.
  • 3 rounds of heavy bag. Killer.
  • 3 rounds of glove-to-glove with another boxer. The guy I went up against is 6'2", 280 lbs. When hit my gloves, my knuckles felt it. Even nearly 2 hours later they're still throbbing in pain. I hope I can type at work on Monday.
  • 3 rounds of balancing on a tire while shadow boxing. It teaches you balance and how to find your rhythm.
After 2 weeks I can already feel the difference. My energy is way up and I can feel the pounds coming off. The trainer is planning to get me in the ring for 2 rounds with another guy. I can't wait.

<voice="Michael Buffer">"IN THIS CORNER, WITH A RECORD OF 12 AND 0, ALL BY KNOCKOUT, THE MASTER OF MASPETH, THE KING OF QUEENS, SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETH "THE HEBREW HAMMER" KWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!"</voice="Michael Buffer">

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    * ding ding *
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Get 'em Rock'!