Antec 900 much?
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Harudath wrote:
    Antec 900 much?
    ^ this.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Its such a simple thing, but I really appreciate the fact that they took the time to cut out ample slots on the sides and above the motherboard to facilitate cable management behind the motherboard tray. All too often a perfectly nice case is ruined by poor cable management, does not appear to be a problem here.

Looks like a nice piece of hardware.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Harudath wrote:
    Antec 900 much?

Yeah, it's large, black, and rectangular. It's exactly like the 900.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Not only that, but the front design, front port area, storage tray, and top fan have an uncanny resemblance...

As well as the side window and fan design, along with the beveled corners on the front. This is a blatant rip off.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Love it or hate it, the 900 set the bar for affordable performance cases. There are going to be many "rip-offs" for quite a while because it's a damn good design. The end result will be better cases for consumers, so I don't understand why people whine about it. For example, this case looks to be almost identical to the 900 but adds some cable management features (which the 900 sorely lacked) a place to mount a bottom fan, a larger side fan, and a nice hard drive cage.

WIN.
  • edited May 2009
    This Solano 1000 does remind you P900 or P1200…so it’s not that original, but it has much improved function and more drive bays than P900 AND the inner black paint is pretty cool. I checked the price on ncix.com and directron.com, it’s only $80 after MIR. At this price, it’s a super deal for a case like this, what more can you ask for??????
  • edited November 2009
    "Antec 900 much?"

Well, if you can't beat the case itself, just take it and add some more features to it! Imitation is the greatest form of flattery, after all.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Love it or hate it, the 900 set the bar for affordable performance cases.
    Then Antec designed the 900 II and set the bar even higher:

• same outside dimensions as the 900 but with more usable interior space
    • integrated, well thought-out cable management
    • integrated fan speed adjusters on the outside of the case for all four included case fans
    • same excellent build quality and sturdiness
  • edited January 2010
    I have a 900, a 902 and a Solano 1000. I find all these morons that complain about "rip-offs" and such quite amusing. How many different forms of computer cases do you expect companies to come up with? I could go on all day listing how many cases are almost identical to others but I rather waste my time ranting on you rather then with you. Everyone has their own opinions on what makes a tower look good and thats what the majority of companies market for. Some companies offer stock performance cooling Azza and Antec is NOT of them but the Solano beats the 900 out for stock cooling hands down. 900 was ok and has now been outclassed by it's cousin Solano...deal with it and stop whining. THAT SAID...wile the solano 1000 is my fav of my cheap towers my favorite towers are my Tt Tsumani Dream and my Tt Kandalf and my Kandalf if with out a doubt my fav case.

Anyway..I'm done ranting and offering my two-cents. I'm sure people will reply but I probably wont see it. Have a great one felow Azza users.
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited January 2010
    I really need to invest in one of the above cases.. My ANTEC 'Silence' case isn't cutting it anymore.