Live from the Glacier Brewhouse

Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy KnobPflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
edited May 2009 in Food & Drink
I am at the Glacier Brewhouse in Anchorage, Alaska with some friends. They produce several brews of their own here that are all fantastic! I had the Amber, Heferweisen and Porter so far tonight. All I can say is yummmmmooooo! The food here is also fantastic. I am having the Halibut chunks appetizer, Seafood Chowder and Prime Rib. Later dudes!

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    I told you! Class A dining and food!
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    Well I just got in from my excellent evening at the Glacier Brewhouse. I had one more Porter and got some peanut butter-chocolate desert that simply blew me away! After all that I needed some coffee to help get me out the door and safely home. ;) For anyone who may end up in Anchorage, Ak I very highly recommend this eating and drinking establishment!!!

Leonardo, I never ever doubted you my friend! :D
    Would it be impolite to say yummmmoooo! again? ;)
    edited March 2009
    In case anyone is wondering about this place I am providing a link to their site. This really is a must do for those headed to Anchorage! Can you tell that I am excited? I actually went to the trouble of posting the original post from my phone to spread the word! (me and tiny buttons after 4 pints don't do so well :cheers2: )
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    Sounds lovely, Mt_Goat! Prag's little sister and her boyfriend are headed to Alaska this summer, I'll make sure to tell them about this!
    edited May 2009
    Since my original post I have been here almost regularly! I can't even think of it in terms of number of times that I have been to this wonderful place. My last visit I had the pork chops and of course more brew. These pork chops are nothing like the ones your mom makes by a long shot. Oh yea, they are freaking huge so be hungry! I have now had all of the 10 or so beers they make right there and are fantastic. This place also makes by far the best Calamari I have ever had anywhere. It is always good and very tender. I am an accomplished gourmet cook with 5 different cuisines under my belt and this place ranks among the top 5 of all the places I have ever been. To note; I have been to places like "Windows on the World" (used to be the top 5 star restaurant on the top of the World Trade Center) and "The Covey at Quail Run" at Pebble Beach in Monterey.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    /jealous. Sounds awesome.

A shame those brews are only offered in Alaska and Washington, they sound great.