FSP Ion mobile power bank

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited January 2010 in Science & Tech

Comments

• chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited June 2009
    $30 bucks? Holy crap, that's awesome! This will make SIGGRAPH way more easy to keep a charge at. Last year I was literally walking around with my laptop propped just open enough to keep it on and charging in my bag over my shoulder with the USB cord connected to my iPhone. Pain in the rear.

Speaking of which, how does it hold up charging your laptop?
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    How much does it weigh?
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    NICe I am going to travel to FL in dec for vacation, Now ill have music the whole way!
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    also gate it says 8oz on the product description
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    It can't charge a laptop. It can only charge 5v devices

You use the laptop to charge the Ion.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Still jealous.

I'm probably going to buy one before SIGGRAPH, it would make me MUCH less paranoid about using it during the show. I'm kind of surpirsed at the price point, I was expecting it to be a little higher. For the use you got out of it in LA, $30 is totally worth it.
  • edited June 2009
    Wow! sounds like a killer deal i plan on going to Florida as well and i know my ipod could use the juice as well as my phone and with a price tag of thirty bucks sounds like sweet deal.
  • chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited June 2009
    Yeah $30 really caught my eye as well, there are several similar iPhone units and they're all in the $80-100 range. One or two of them actually fit on the iPhone as a larger case though.
  • edited January 2010
    I purchased myself one and I'd like to note that while it is amazing, the device now no longer works because the USB cable that comes out of the back of the device is fairly fragile. In 2 months of use the cable has managed to pull itself out of the USB plug enough that it will no longer charge.

Time to go figure out how to use the warranty.