Hot Bitch

GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz QueenMountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
edited June 2010 in Fitness
So, Thrax told me that he would propose if I replicated this for ICOK.

silk-spectre.jpg

(I assumed that it was just the outfit and look and not the flaming background, otherwise I'm going to have to blow up ICHQ)

So clearly, I have my work cut out for me if I want that ring. (Love you, Thraxybaby. <3 )

More seriously, I've never been the weight that I wanted to be at. I have always wanted to be skinnier. I'm not entirely unhappy with my body- being a little overweight means that I have boobs, which I wouldn't have if I were skinny. (I know this for a fact, I'm build EXACTLY like my mom, and at a size 6 now she has a barely A cup. Goddamn pear shapedness) I don't want to be a stick for that reason-I'd like to be a little curvy- but I can certainly stand to lose at least 20 pounds, possibly 30. I'm going to see how I feel after 20.

Right now I am 5'3", and I weigh 155 pounds. My goal is to be 135 at the lowest by ICOK (I do really want to be Silk Spectre II for Halloween, and nobody wants to see that at my current weight, haha). I would also like to tone up a little bit, so I'm not all flabby mggee. Thrax's fitness talk, combined with other factors like being an unemployed hobo, have really motivated me in a variety of ways, and I really feel like I can do this now.

I did two minutes of HIIT training today, sprinting- which was hard, but it felt too short, like I wasn't getting enough done. I'm going to do weights tomorrow, and possibly some cardio. I have rebooted up my fitday, and I'm counting my calories. I'm going to stick with it, so that I can be a hot bitch. :)

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Hotttt
  • poofiepoofie Baltimore, MD Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    heck yes! take progress pics, just for your own self, so you can see how you're doing.

edited. mrgh.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Good luck with your venture.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    doit.
  • NemikanNemikan Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    i vote go for the hot.... and skip the 2nd part... workout of motivation googogo! you should see if someone can give you some extra motivation for when things get rough!
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    doit.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Good job! I've been motivated by Thrax's fitness talk as well. Andrew and I are going to start eating chicken and rice while keeping a close eye at our calories. I really want to start waking up and running or biking first thing in the morning, and weight lifting at the awesome gym my school provides for free (for only a few more months when I get my diploma...). It's nice having so much support from all the Icrontians. :)
    edited June 2009
    hotttttt
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    GQ + Working out = Even hotter version of GQ DO IT!
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    This is full of win!
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Behind you 100%... do it and don't stop doing it until it works :)
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    Behind you 100%... do it and don't stop doing it until it works :)

:hair:

Hot.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Sounds like you all have the "working out" quota for the forums covered.... I'll just kick back and pick up the slack on the noms consumption.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Really look at your nutrition. I was doing cardio and intense weight training for 2 months strait 6 days a week but not eating properly and saw very minimal progress, still fatty. The food is so important.
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Know that, exercise is fantastic, but your weightloss will come from fork discipline.
  • chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited July 2009
    Awesome, you should do this for sure! This community is awesome for motivation and inspiration. Anyway, for me the huge step was cutting out all sugar from my diet and over the last two or three months I've lost almost 40 pounds. I'm eating healthier in general but sugar was the huge motivating start and the key was cutting out diet sweeteners too, if you drinking diet pop it's impossible to stop craving sugar and it's asking for failure.

Anyway, for me the next major step will be to really push the exercise.

You can do it! Hopefully we'll see some super hotness at ICOK!
    edited July 2009
    Dibs!

I seen 'er first!
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Oh I am so all over this. DO IT. That will be TEH hawt.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    So I've been doing the diet thing for about a week and a half now, and I thought I'd update you guys.

I've been doing pretty well with the diet, but I could still be doing better. I've been recording most of what I've been eating on fitday, but homemade food can make that complicated, so a lot of what I'm doing is still guesswork. Plus, with work it's made it harder to update this week, so I've got to get on being better about that. But even the little that I have done has really opened my eyes about my eating habits. I've always thought that I was a pretty okay eater, but I've found out that I was actually eating fairly badly before. My day to day average eating is okay, but then when I get to sweets, I would pig out. For example, my mom makes these delicious pitachio bars- they're to die for- and I loooove them. I realized that when she makes them, I don't eat just one piece- I eat two when she intially makes it, and then all day long until they're gone. The same goes for other sweets- a woman I work with keeps mini twix and milky ways on her desk, some of my favorite candies, and I would easily eat a handful of those a day. I thought that I was doing alright with eating before because I figured those were select circumstances, but I'm realizing that they're really not.

I'm also realizing how many calories are really in everything that I eat. 1700 calories can go FAST if you're not careful. I also realized that there was a fundamental problem in the way I was thinking about exercise, which Primesuspect and Thrax helped me see. I was seeing excercise as a justification to eat badly- "It's okay if I eat this piece of pie, I went running this morning!" and that's an okay way to look at if you're trying to maintain a weight, but it's the ENTIRELY wrong way to think if you want to lose. I should be thinking "It's not okay for me to eat that piece of pie, because I went running this morning, and it would undo the hard work I did" Thinking like that has definitely made a change in my habits.

I still have a lot of improvements to make. I haven't been lifting weights like I said I would, which I need to do if I want to tone- though honestly, losing weight is more important to me than toning. I was doing the HIIT sprints faithfully until tuesday, when clumsy me decided to totally wipe out mid sprint. I scraped up my knee pretty badly, so I've been waiting for it to heal a little bit before doing sprints again. I'm also going to have to be better about my cheat days- not go overboard. I'm also realizing that eating out is going to be a MAJOR enemy of my weight loss. I LOVE eating out, and it's hard for me to say no to it, and hard to eat well when you are eating out.

I do think I have lost some weight though, so far, so I'm happy about that. I think I'm about two pounds lower, though that could be wrong, since for me two pounds could easily be water weight or something like that, but I'm going to go with losing weight since it makes me happy. :D I'm going to try and keep improving too!
    edited July 2009
    Rock on! Sounds like you're doing awesome so far. One thing I realized after trying to log all the details of what I ate and figure out how many calories were in each home made thing I had was it didn't work for me and it wasn't sustainable. Right now I use something that just let's me rate a meal on 1-5 stars, I know approximately how good or bad everything I eat is so it's all the tracking I need. I also will write down what it was I ate, but nutritional facts is just too much work.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Good show, Jackie!
    edited July 2009
    Keep at it, Jackie. :) You'll get there.
    edited July 2009
    yea just remember you wont "see" results the first few weeks

but like me when i look at today's pic vs when i was a fat tard, i can see a big difference in 3 months
    edited July 2009
    Before and after pictures are critical. I never took any, and I wish I had all the time.
    edited July 2009
    hmmm, I hate other people's before and after pictures, you really find them important Thrax?
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    chrisWhite wrote:
    hmmm, I hate other people's before and after pictures, you really find them important Thrax?
    It's not so much for other people to see (until you're done perhaps), but more to view your own progress. Someone can walk up who hasn't seen you in a week or two and notice that you've lost a few pounds, but since you see yourself a few times a day the same progress is not as obvious.
    edited July 2009
    chrisWhite wrote:

I went to lunch Saturday and saw a gentleman I hadnt seen in probably 2 months. First thing he mentioned "You lost weight?"

I only take pics maybe twice a week. But the difference from ICSP to Epic is quite obvious
    edited July 2009
    That's a good point, though changing pant's sizes is the biggest motivating factor for me, might give photos a try.

Fatcat, that's awesome!
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited July 2009
    chrisWhite wrote:
    That's a good point, though changing pant's sizes is the biggest motivating factor for me, might give photos a try.

Fatcat, that's awesome!
    very important point 5 inches of my waistline in 11 months got into a pair 26 year old denims for the 1st time in 25 years :vimp:
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    I thought I would give you guys another update.

I'm currently down 6 pounds (Yay!) from where I started, which I'm pretty happy about. I still want to be losing weight a little faster than I am though, so I'm getting back on fitday (I had gotten a little lax in my usage of it lately) and I'm restricting my calorie intake further. I want to lose another 20lbs before ICOK, which IS possible, if I lose two pounds a week. It's somewhat ambitious, but I'm pumped. :)