!!!PROUD DADDY ALERT!!! Baby Heartbeat

QCHQCH Ancient GuruChicago Area - USA Icrontian
edited April 2004 in Community
Yesterday my wife and I went to the doctor for her 3 month checkup and hear the heartbeat. We've suffered through a miscarriage last March so hearing the heart beat was a big deal. Well, I asked you guys for recommendations on a Digital Camcorder and I bought one last Friday. Now this is why...

OK.... I have to post the first sounds from my baby (girl?).

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    QCH -- trust me when I say I know what you're going through and what you've been through. Congratulations, man! That is fantastic!
  • NorgeNorge Sidney, Ohio
    edited November 2003
    Hey way to go man! Congratulations!

Norge
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Congrats, QCH! Maybe you can have the kid gaming at the second annual SM LAN!
  • Mr_BojinglesMr_Bojingles Northern Michigan New
    edited November 2003
    GHoosdum had this to say
    Congrats, QCH! Maybe you can have the kid gaming at the second annual SM LAN!

;D That would be a sight to see.

Congrats!
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited November 2003
    Congrats QCH!
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Thanks everyone..... We're hoping for a girl.

She WILL become a member of Short-Media and I'll post pics too, since many of you seem to think that if a girl joins, she needs to post a pic.:D
  • edited November 2003
    Congratulations QCH!

I'll move this to the Pub.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Great news, congratulations QCH!!! :cheers:
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Congratulations!

We can't wait!

Hearing that brought a tear to my eye. Good thing You are preparing to stock up on memories. :)
  • edited November 2003
    Congrats man...before you know it she'll be handing you your backside in your favorite games.
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    congrats QCH, thats awesome that you got the recording of the heartbeat! oh the wonders of technology, in what other time period would you be able to share the sound of your baby's beating heart with people around the globe! the internet = teh win
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited November 2003
    Congrats m8, I know you are excited, and I am glad to hear the good news. Be sure to post pics :)
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Wonderful news QCH! It's heart warming to hear your babys heartbeat says Hawk with tears in his eyes. Now you make sure you spoil momma during the pregnancy. And don't forget to buy a nice big box of cigars for the grand occasion. My wife and I will keep you, your wife,and baby in our prayers for a safe and healthy delivery. Congrats DADDY.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Man that's ****in' cool.

The internet is some great ****, I'll tell ya what.

Congrats, QCH. Huge, big time, massive congrats. :D
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    HUGE congrats QCH! And good luck in the future as well!

My 11 year old daughter is going to get a sister/brother in a while too. We're going on the ultrasound in a few weeks as well but it's new yet and all i can do is hope i had some "proteins" left. ;D
  • ze_merovingianze_merovingian de+roi+, via highland park, via MTL
    edited November 2003
    hey, that is some wonderful news... been through that too many times (wife and I)... glad everything is going well... very exciting times...

"If one fails... we all fail"
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2003
    That's nice to hear. You're smart to plan for keeping those memories. It seems like no time since I was going through the same thing. My daughter turned 18 last Wednesday!

:thumbsup::wave:
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited November 2003
    QCH:

Congratulations :)

My wife and I just had a baby girl in March, after 2 straight miscarriages. Our daughter is now 8.5 months old. And, we are expecting another baby, due end of April (wife is almost 4 months pregnant....save the jokes fellows ;) ) Having a child is an amazing experience, and having gone through the pain of a miscarriage makes it even more amazing when you first hear the heartbeat, see the baby on an ultra-sound, and then finally hold him/her in your arms :D

QCH, if you or your wife have any outstanding emotions, questions, nervousness, etc, due to your miscarriage, I highly reccomend the chat forums on a website called Silent Grief . It is a site designed and hosted by a lady who has gone through child loss, and there is a member base of a couple thousand people now (my wife and I were among the first hundred or so.) There are forums for those who have just had miscarriages, multiple miscarriages, pregnant after miscarriage (that's you guys) and mothers after miscarriage. The site is mostly for women, but there are a few men on there as well. If your wife ever has any questions like "is this normal?", "why do I feel like this", "should I be worried", etc, it is a great site filled with people who have been there, done that.

Good luck for the next 6 months! Feel free to PM any time :)

Dexter...
    edited November 2003
    Thanks Dexter... I'll check the site out and let my wife know about it too....

It means a lot to hear from all you guys... This type of support is one of the many reasons I always come back to SM... Community. Thanks...
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    congrats qch ...becoming a dad is the best thing in the whole world!!!! I sure love my little boy! :fold:
    edited November 2003
    OK guys.... more updates. Check out my baby's website.

<a href="http://home.comcast.net/~q-healy/baby.html&quot; target=blank> Baby Healy</a>
    edited November 2003
    QCH2002 had this to say
    OK guys.... more updates. Check out my baby's website.

Baby Healy
    Nice site - it'll be interesting to watch the updates. My daughter turned 18 last week and I am giving her a diary I kept during her early years. Funny how times change, your kid will have the e-version!

It looks like you're doing a great job of being a supportive husband. It can be frustrating at times - I always found myself wishing I could do more, but just being there for your wife does indeed make a big difference. Ask any woman who has had to face a pregnancy alone.

:thumbsup:
    edited November 2003
    My wife had Sam when she was almost 17. The father is still around and is fairly supportive, but my wife raised Sam by herself. I stepped in when she was 4 and haven't left since. It's tough balancing between two families styles but now that Sam's 12 and very sharp about split families, she handles things rather well. This will be our first child and considering the 12 year difference, my wife has no ideas how things will go this time. I love her, I love Sam, and I love what is growing inside my wife. Simple as that. Humans have been doing this "birthing" thing for a long time without the benefits of modern science. We'll do fine.

Family.... that's what life is about. Wouldn't change a thing.
    edited November 2003
    OK... Prime visited the site and left the first guestbook entry. Why him, cuz he happened to be the first to look there after I added some new features... like the guest book and addressbook. Ok? Check it out again, if you want.

BTW, any suggestions? I'm open to new ways of doing things. I don't do HTML stuff often, so you expertise is appreciate.

Q
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited November 2003
    Q, do you have a firm delivery date? We are due for early May, but likely will be in for a C-section late April (past babies were by "C.") Maybe we could start a Short Media Baby Pool ;)

Dexter...
    edited November 2003
    May 17... The later the better. I'll be staying home for 2 weeks with the baby and wife and then our daughter will hopefully be out of school for the summer and can help take over when I have to go back to work.
    edited November 2003
    QCH2002 had this to say
    May 17...I'll be staying home for 2 weeks with the baby and wife...
    I did the same thing. That may well have been the best time of my entire life. :)
  • CaffeineMeCaffeineMe Cedar Rapids, IA
    edited November 2003
    Very good news! Best wishes to all 3 of you, fingers crossed that all works out well. Kids will drive you to the very edge of patience, and they are worth it. Why are they worth it....still unsure, but I just know they are! :)
  • mewashere03mewashere03 Michigan
    edited November 2003
    hey congradulations! dont worry about the 12 year difference thats how far apart me and my brother are and i think its better this way we doont fight andd drive my parents crazy (only sometimes!)
    edited November 2003
    Hey Little Prime.... You have to be just about the age of my daughter... She's 12. Here she is and our dog Nadya (Bull Mastiff)