30 Days: Part 1

MAGICMAGIC Doot DootFurniture City, Michigan Icrontian
edited July 2009 in Fitness
It has been a little under a year since i had decided that i wanted to get fit. I created a weight lifting routine, did cardio every other day, saw no results other than increased strength over about 2 months, got discouraged and fell off the boat.

Since then i have been in spurts of a routine, a couple weeks here and there. I do mountain bike regularly. So, I don't really have an unhealthy lifestyle.

Now, its getting down to the wire. I am going to be graduating from college this December. I really want to be healthy and fit when i hit the job market. This and i want to do the local Reeds Lake Triathlon next year are my main goals. I am aiming for a weight between 170-180 with 10% or lower body fat.

I figure my main problem for not achieving my goal last time was my half assed attempt. I did the physical part but completely ignored the nutrition part, and that's what i intend to change this time around.

Nutrition wise i went to fit day and came up with this list of foods, that are easy to make, i like, and i can pre-cook and bring through the week.
Here is what I plan on eating 5 days a week. I was sort of shooting in the dark as far as the protein/ carbs/ fat ratio. So, if anyone has a suggestion of how i should change that let me know.

Exercise wise, i will stick with my current weight routine, and i am going to start doing my cardio every off morning(6am :zombie:). I will be doing HIIT running for the sake of time.

I am starting my new dietary plan and workout tomorrow, but i am not actually starting the 30 days until next monday. I am waiting on my body fat caliper so i can get all of my metrics in place to track my results.

Ill be logging everything on there to keep myself focused, track my results, and hopefully for some support.

These first thirty days will be more of a test than anything. A chance to see how my body reacts, try to cut down fat, and build muscle. At the end ill be reassessing my plan and making changes to get into more of a triathlon training regiment.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks to Thrax for all the advice and being a motivator to me and many others around here.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    That's the private link to your nutrition. Can you post the public one? :) more thoughts after that.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Does it work now?
    edited July 2009
    Here's the right link for today: http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Aconradwc3

Swap out some of those carbs for MOAR PROTEIN. Get your prot/fat/carbs to something like 220/80/100.

Remember to gradually work your way down from your current calories over the course of a week!
    edited July 2009
    I just cooked for the next two days, fuck thats a lot of food to eat...
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Space your meals out appropriately.
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, ive been eating a bit every 2 to three hours. Too much cottage cheese, might need to find something to cut some of it out.
  • RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
    edited July 2009
    I use Ion-Exchanged Whey protein to increase my protein intake without adding a lot of bulk food and calories. If you're interested, I'll send you a link to the site I get it from.
    edited July 2009
    100% whey protein is essential for eating 6 meals a day. There's no way I'm going to cook all the food necessary to get the calories I need w/o protein powder. EAS 100% whey is a good option.
    edited July 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    100% whey protein is essential for eating 6 meals a day. There's no way I'm going to cook all the food necessary to get the calories I need w/o protein powder. EAS 100% whey is a good option.

Rob,

I agree. My wife and I already go through a family pack of chicken breasts from Costco in 6-9 days! There would be no way we could cook, store, portion out, and clean up if we did this in an "all food" format.

****SHILL ALERT**** :)

I shop for my protein at SupplementWarehouse.com

SW.com will do an instant pricematch(they usually lower their price by over a $1) on any like product you find cheaper on another site.

For my last bit of Shilliness, I've included the stats for Nature's Best Isopure Low Carb Protein powder below. I've been using Isopure, along with other Nature's Best products for over 10 years and have never been let down by any of them.

I'll get down off my Snake Oil stand now, and be on my way.....

Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: 2 Scoopfuls (65g)
    Servings Per Container: 21

Amount per Serving

Calories Total 220

from Fat 10
    from Saturated Fat 0.5g

% Daily Value+

Total Fat 1 g 1%
    Saturated Fat 0.5 g 3%

Cholesterol 5 mg 2%
    Sodium 320 mg 15%
    Potassium 740 mg 20%
    Total Carbohydrate 3 g 1%
    Dietary fiber 2 g 8%
    Sugars 0 g
    Protein 50 g 100%

% Daily Value

Vitamin A IU 50%
    Vitamin C mg 50%
    Vitamin E IU 50%
    Vitamin K mcg 50
    Thiamin (B1) mg 50%
    Riboflavin (B2) mg 50%
    Niacin (B3) mg 50%
    Vitamin B6 mg 50%
    Folate,Folic Acid,Folacin mcg 50%
    Vitamin B12 mcg 50%
    Biotin mcg 50%
    Pantothenic acid mg 50%
    Calcium mg 60%
    Iron mg 6%
    Phosphorus mg 50%
    Iodine mcg 50%
    Magnesium mg 50%
    Zinc mg 50%
    Selenium mcg 50%
    Copper mg 50%
    Manganese mg 50%
    Chromium mcg 50%
    Molybdenum mcg 50%
    Chloride mg 20%
    Potassium 750 mg 20%
    edited July 2009
    The protein powder with vitamins taste like chemical. Ewww.
    edited July 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    The protein powder with vitamins taste like chemical. Ewww.

I know what you're saying - been there done that - got a drawer full of T-Shirts......

The flavored IsoPure LowCarbs for the most part taste great! (Their French Vanilla makes me a little retchy, because I've used so damn much of it over the years.) Not big on the Cookies N' Cream either. SO glad when they came out with the tropical/fruit flavors. Their chocolate is GREAT!

The unflavored Isopure is SO pure if you mix a tablespoon of it in with a 8 oz of water, the water is ALMOST clear - just a slight haze. I add a little of the unflavored to scrambled eggs/egg beaters to increase the protein content. Works well in pancakes too.
    edited July 2009
    I think you may have just sold me on the idea. Now to do $/serving number crunching.