Overlord II: Punish the Innocent, Enslave the Weak, Pimp the Tower

Comments

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    I was about to ask you about this game on Steam the other day. Looks like a lot of fun. I enjoyed the first one, but wasn't completely in love with it (played it for a bit, then stopped, then finished it a couple months later).

Anything decidedly more compelling about this one than the first?
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Same. Played and liked the first one, but sold it back within a couple weeks having completed it and seeing no compelling replay options.

Updates?
  • GrimnocGrimnoc Marion, IN
    edited July 2009
    After reading this I actually went back and re-installed the first Overlord, seeing as how I never beat it and it ran pretty suck-o on my old computer anyway.
  • Idiot_SlayerIdiot_Slayer Member
    edited July 2009
    Overlord II isn't revolutionary or groundbreaking, but its funny, fun and is a happy little time waster. Really it would not have warranted a review, except that there is so little coming out. I would never recommend it over say Fallout 3, or if any other big titles were out there, but if you are at the end of your gaming list you should take a look at.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    I really enjoyed playing the game, but I had an issue with the side quests. There was really no point in enslaving or destroying a town. Sure you would gain some extra money or life force but that was nothing I couldn't do by going back to the first level and slaughtering all the baby seals again and again. There was no reward for doing them other than to earn an achievement or trophy for the 360 or PS3.
  • RexxarRexxar Maryland Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    I played the game I would give it a 7/10. Funny game and creative but I would like to have bigger and more minions. Cause the Overlord basicly is doing all the work in the game.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    I's playing the demo now.