Patience, everyone. Games get delayed. It happens.

UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA:Redwood City, CA Icrontian
edited July 2009 in Gaming

Comments

• Idiot_SlayerIdiot_Slayer Member
    edited July 2009
    Yeah I hate that Bioshock 2 is being pushed back.
    OH but we all know that more development time doesn't always equal a better game.
  • GrimnocGrimnoc Marion, IN
    edited July 2009
    I'm personally pretty happy that Bioshock 2 is being pushed back. The original timetable for releasing that game was ridiculously short, and the last thing I want is a great game being transformed into cash cow where sequels are released every year (and yet amazingly get worse and worse each go-round).
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Am I the only one who is not all that excited for this game? I have Bioshock... played a few hours into it... never finished it. Of course it didn't help that Windows somehow lost my most current save file which set me back over an hour of playtime. Quite frankly though, it just makes me want to play other, better FPS/RPG type games (see: Deus Ex).
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Now Mass Effect and Bioshock are coming out about the same time. Looks like Starcraft and Arkham Asylum are going to have to last me.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    As long as there's an actual penalty for dying in Bioshock 2, then I'll be happy with it. Loved the first game, but was simply too easy as you could die anytime and just jump right back in like it never happened.

It was a dev-enabled God mode that was always on. What were they thinking?

Oh, that's right, co-developed on consoles ;)
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    I actually welcome this. So many games get pushed out to the public with some serious show stopping bugs. All due to timescales and publisher pressure.

I guess it's too much to hope that games are being delayed for quality reasons though. Maybe when games fail due to terrible press related to bugs that publishers are starting to get the hint. We will buy good product.
  • GrimnocGrimnoc Marion, IN
    edited July 2009
    Deus Ex....yum.

*Deus Ex 2 was such a disapointment for me.
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    I played Bioshock when it hit $20.00, I'll probably do the same with Bioshock 2. As far as Deus Ex vs Bioshock, Deus Ex hands down. Bioshock had DX10 and other modern graphics features, yet left me wanting a little more out of the game. Deus Ex has my unreliable memory thinking it was legit on an nVidia TNT2 32mb, and I wanted to join the Illuminati afterwards.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    You know... I don't think I've played through Deus Ex in about a year and a half. Time to reinstall. As for Deus Ex 2... I personally don't think it's a BAD game... it just didn't live up to the original. Then again, when the original is as close to gaming perfection as I've ever seen, I have to say I'm not surprised.

As for Bioshock 2... yes, please put an actual death penalty in. I actually beat a Big Daddy to death with the pipe wrench simply because he was right next to the respawn pod and there was no penalty for dying. Any time you can do that in a game, it's broken.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    I guess SC2 Wolfenstien and Diablo III will do
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    i predict d3 getting delayed. (also hoping so i can finish my phd on time-ish)
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    I so hope not, I am dieing for DIII
  • chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited July 2009
    I have like ten unfinished games I'd really like to play one of these days, I'm not worried about the delays.