Arkham Asylum: Good or Bad?

2»

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited September 2009
    Once you finish the game you get to what's basically free play mode so you can go back to the beginning and then you can get all the riddles.

Gear you'll need. Explosive Gell, Zipline Gun, Tripple Grapple gun.

The Riddler's riddles are more for the 100% completest person, something to do once you've finished the game. They aren't there as a necessary requirement to actually finishing the game.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    I know and I'll probably just go back and get them all because I have most so I won't be going far out of my way.

/me patiently waits for Jimmy to call him Korean.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Meh, I went back and got all the Riddler challenges. They're not hard. Shoot, there's even a map hidden in each section that shows them all.
    edited September 2009
    Nope they aren't hard for the most part. The hardest ones I found where the ones where you had to be in the right spot to view the hidden question mark and line it up. But other then that it's just a question of having the right gear and being in the right spot. Which I think is more of the point then just being very difficult and painful to find.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Yep, definitely. I just don't have the patience or care to go back and find them all.
  • Idiot_SlayerIdiot_Slayer Member
    edited September 2009
    I like it. Really what it reminds me of is Metroid, the way they show you things that you don't have to tools to get yet just makes it more rewarding when you finally have unlocked the whole utility belt.
    edited September 2009
    In case anyone was looking for the 24th Spirit of Arkham:
    It's located in the security command room in the Penitentiary, where you left the warden. Took me for ever to find the son'a bitch.
  • CaffranCaffran Kansas City Member
    edited September 2009
    The game keeps making me think of half life with all of the vents you go through.
  • l3it3rl3it3r Fairfax County Member
    edited September 2009
    Best Super hero game ever made. I loved the game. Start to finish. Yes, the intro is a bit (ridiculously) long, but over all, the mechanics of the free flow fighting, the GRAPHICS, and all the xtras make it worth the pickup. Playing it on the PS3 is a treat too :)
  • lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited September 2009
    Wow, hearing nothing but positive reviews about this game. Usually games based on movies stink, but it sounds like this one is worth a look.
    edited September 2009
    It's not based on a movie, it's based more on the comic books, and even then, it's a bit loose
    edited September 2009
    What L3it3r said. It's based primarily around Arkham Asylum A Serious House on A Serious Earth. But it's a very loose adaption, the only real connection made is the Spirit of Arkham tablets.
    edited September 2009
    but even still, one of the best games of the year, and deff the best super hero game ever.
  • ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Just finished it. Pretty cool ending but it was way too short. I beat it in two days.
    edited October 2009
    I thought it was a good length. It wasn't so long that it got old but it was long enough to tell a good story. I just wish that they hadn't squeezed in so much of the rogues gallery. If they make a sequel, and it sounds like they are, unless they go for the really lesser known villians there aren't many left for them to choose from.
    edited October 2009
    Mr. Freeze was hinted at while not being directly involved as well as Penguin. Batman didn't actually kill the villains he fought so some could definitely make a return. There are obviously plenty of lesser known villains from the comic books left to flesh out as well. I think they'll be fine.
    edited October 2009
    Except for the sequel was hinted at to take place immediately following the events of AA. Remember the radio transmission was about Dent starting a gang war; which will probably be based on No Man's Land arc from the comics. Bane and Croc are the only characters unaccounted for at the end of AA.
    edited October 2009
    I was trying to avoid any spoilers but whatever. Obviously Bane will be in the second and I really wouldn't put it past Mr. Freeze to break out of the Asylum. I hope to see him in the sequel. Two Face is cool too I guess.
    edited October 2009
    Like Obsidian said, there were some not-so-subtle refferences to Mr Freeze and Penguin. I'm looking forward to the sequel and will pick it up for sure. I also played through it in about 2 days, had my kids watching and rooting for me half the time too, it was hilarious. I thought the Scarecrow sections, cut scenes and storyline were pure genius too... reminded me of that game "Eternal Darkness" and its "insanity meter".
    edited October 2009
    Like the comics, tv-shows and the cartoons villains can re-appear endlessly.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Making me force AA via the ATI CCC is just stupid.
    batmanD.jpg

Otherwise, just finished the demo. I'm definitely buying this game.