Let's see your stash

UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA:Redwood City, CA Icrontian
edited October 2009 in Food & Drink
So we're always talking about what we're drinking, but how about talking about what we're packing?

What populates your current collection of scotch, gin, tequilla, rum, whiskies, beer, whatever. Lets see your minibar, your closet stash, the booze hidden under the bed, the top shelf of your pantry. Pictures are nice, too.

I'm sure some of you have some epic bottles (along with that one bottle that never goes away because no one will touch it). Sound off!

I haven't been buying drinks for at home for very long, mostly because a year ago I was living with a youth pastor and couldn't keep alcohol in the house (that doesn't mean there wasn't a bottle of Jerry hidden in the closet ;) ) But I'm happy with my current:

picture.php?albumid=52&pictureid=270

This is all kept on the top shelf of my closet. Current living situation doesn't leave me with many options. Also, a sixer of Sam Adams Octoberfest in the fridge.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Where I'm from, "packing" means something else entirely :p But any any rate, carry on
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    This reminds me...ICRenn is coming. Must. Stock.

All we have is 1/2 bottle of Jose Cuervo and Eli looks in the fridge every night looking for something to mix with it. Tonight may be the night he decides to just shoot it all down. Oh, we also have a bottle of ridiculous Cinnamon Schnapps left over from New Years.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    I will post pictures when I get back home.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    I approve of the Bushmills lynx, one of Northern Irelands better exports, although black bush always seems to get the best rep.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Basil wrote:
    I approve of the Bushmills lynx, one of Northern Irelands better exports, although black bush always seems to get the best rep.

I LOVE Bushmills. It's one of my favorite drinks, and I take Bushmills over Jameson any day of the week. The Black Bush is also really good. I'll enjoy either gladly. Neither one holds a candle to the Bushmills single malt 10 year. That stuff is goooooooood.

Fatcat - I'm expecting a stash of many bourbons.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    UPSLynx wrote:
    The Black Bush is also really good.

;D;D;D;D

UPSLynx wrote:
    Fatcat - I'm expecting a stash of many bourbons.

along with Vodka, Irish Cream, Rum etc
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    No pictures right now, but I'm "packing" The Macallan 12, Glenlivet 12, Zubrowka Polish vodka, Chivas Regal 12, and various Merlots and Chardonnays.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Will post my stash when I get home from work. Then I intend to make 10-25% of my stash disappear.
    edited September 2009
    Kwitko wrote:
    No pictures right now, but I'm "packing" The Macallan 12, Glenlivet 12, Zubrowka Polish vodka, Chivas Regal 12, and various Merlots and Chardonnays.

Nice! Do you have a favorite out of the scotch whiskeys?
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    I wish now I had taken a picture of the fifty 20 oz. bottles of Mt. Dew that were in my fridge before I drank them all..........in a week.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    My ideal liquor stash contains (in order of importance):
    1. Black Haus (unf)
    2. Bailey's Irish Creme
    3. Jameson's Irish Whiskey
    4. 3x Absolut vodka (1 plain, 1-2 flavored)
    5. Triple sec
    6. 3x Schnapps (1 hawaiian, 1 peach, 1 berry/other)
    7. Capt. Morgan Private Stock
    8. New Amsterdam gin
    9. 1 tequila (no preference, but quality)
    10. 1 scotch or bourbon
    From there the list just becomes a bartender's basics checklist :D The first 6 is what I typically had stocked in college as Annes, Prag, and MiracleMan can attest. I'll build it back up one day soon.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    I got nothin', but back in college I always had a bottle of amaretto, whiskey, and raspberry vodka.....the same three bottles for three years, because I never touched them.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    My secret stash consists of one, count 'em one, bottle of Boulevard Wheat.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    I currently have (also on hand most of the time).
    • Bushmills 10yr Malt (one of my favorite whiskys)
    • The Macallan 18 (I just love this stuff... add a good Cigar and I'm in heaven)
    • 1800 Anejo
    • Patron Cafe'
    • Grand Marnier
    • Disaronno
    • ...and an assortment of wine
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    My stash

stash.jpg
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Are you making a kissy face?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    FUCK. Prime beat me to the stache joke. :( And here I had Tom Selleck ready to go.

THIS IS WHAT I GET FOR WRITING AN ARTICLE AND NOT PURSUING LULZ INSTEAD.
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    my stash consists solely of something like this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=27580&stc=1&d=1253716062

:jared:
    edited September 2009
    I knew someone would bust the 'stache bit.

Mt Goat, some good stuff there. +rep for the Bushmills single malt. That stuff is absolutely delicious. disaronno is also one that I enjoy often.

Lol Jared and his lone star. I think there's still a can in the fridge at ICHQ.

Linc - black haus? I've never heard of it.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    UPSLynx wrote:
    Linc - black haus? I've never heard of it.

80 proof blackberry schnapps. It'll eff your ess and you will love it anyway.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    UPSLynx wrote:
    Nice! Do you have a favorite out of the scotch whiskeys?

My favorite isn't in my collection- Macallan 18.
    edited September 2009
    So.... I didn't post my stash last night like I said I would. Fear not though, I'm making up for it now. Looking at this picture, my stash is lacking... I should remedy that.

attachment.php?attachmentid=27582&stc=1&d=1253730970
    edited September 2009
    That's the capt morgan 100 proof yeah? Pretty tasty stuff if you watch yourself with it.
    edited September 2009
    UPSLynx wrote:
    That's the capt morgan 100 proof yeah? Pretty tasty stuff if you watch yourself with it.
    No, actually. That's the Capt. dark rum, it's a bit more fruity and less spiced. Very tasty, still only like 75 proof though. I usually have a handle of Sailor Jerry in my stash but I killed that a while back and never replaced it. The Sailor is my go-to rum usually.
    edited September 2009
    ardichoke wrote:
    The Sailor is my go-to rum usually.

Good man.
    edited September 2009
    I also have a bottle of Ravens Wood Merlot. Good stuff. Makes a great base for mushroom wine sauce for steak.
  • RichDRichD Essex, UK
    edited September 2009
    Any one ever tried Glen Morange 10 yr? Thats some good stuff!
  • l3it3rl3it3r Fairfax County Member
    edited October 2009
    Jesus.. I guess I could take a picture of it all (liqour) later... I know for sure that I can't list them from memory. I can remember el Jimador, Cpt Private Stock (favorite right now), Absolut (vanilla, 'regular', citron), various gins, 'other' vodkas, hypnotiq, etc... I have two big cabinets worth.. As for beer, I usually have a 6 pack of Hoegaarden, Yuengling, Leinenkugel, Monty Python Ale etc..etc.. And I probably have about a dozen or so bottles of wine in the house at any given point in time as well.
  • poofiepoofie Baltimore, MD Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    in my house right now is a couple bourbons (right now i have some AWESOME Black Maple Hill small batch that Annes and pragtastic gave me, as well as some Bulleit), assorted sweet vermouths and bitters for all the Manhattans i drink, a bottle or two of Shiraz (i'm digging Gotham right now), some Sailor, half a bottle of Scapa scotch that got abandoned at the house after a party, Bluecoat gin (which i'm not crazy about), limoncello in the freezer, and assorted other stuff that's generally not my bag, but was leftover from a party or came with a roommate.
    edited October 2009
    Nice collection Poofie. you and your bourbon...

L3it3r, you will certainly fit in well here!