Zuma gets his Revenge

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited December 2011 in Gaming

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    WOW... I need to block that game from my wife. If she see that, that will end our family. :D
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Great review, Brian! I can't wait to pick up the game!
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    I'll probably buy this. Hopefully I wait until tonight so I can accomplish something at work.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    My mom loved the first one so much, I set her up with a Steam account and bought this sequel for her. She's pretty excited.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Say goodbye to your mom for a while
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Bought it, beat it last night. Was fun. Only really had problems with the last non-boss level.
    edited September 2009
    Now finish Heroic mode and then tell me how far you get in Iron Frog.

I'm up to level 6 in Iron Frog.

My Popcap PR contact is only up to level 4. We're having a pissing contest.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    You were quoted on their official site. ^5
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Goddamn game CAN'T STOP MAKING HAPPY FROG SPIT BALLS
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    I wish I could play Zuma's Revenge. As much as I liked the original, I didn't go that far on it since my "inability to perceive differences between color". I'm not even going to bother with this one. It sounds fun though.
  • edited September 2009
    Hey butters, don`t worry about collors. They have a new feature called "collor blind assistance". I guess that should help ;)
  • edited October 2009
    I made it through level 8 on the Iron Frog - 79,000 points - the first time. I haven't been able to beat level 7 since though.

Final Adventure High Score so far:
    29 lives
    I'm a true Zuma addict. PopCap's gonna have to invent Zumarette chewing gum or something. LOL
    Jane
  • edited October 2009
    Oh, and I have ALL the Ace Times in Challeng Mode except the final Level 10 Peacock. All my Icons are Gold except the last. You can't play the very last level until you finish Iron Frog.
    edited October 2009
    grrrrrr

Now you've called me out on Iron Frog; meaning as an honorable gentleman I have to step up to the challenge

To top it off, I don't even HAVE Zuma's Revenge right now because my beta review copy expired. You have lots of time to hone your skills while I play catch-up.

Grr.

Also, welcome to Icrontic :)
    edited October 2009
    Jane... I love it when Prime get's his "Gentleman Honor" knickers in a bunch.;D Welcome to Icrontic!!!
  • edited October 2009
    Thanks for the welcome. Yesterday I beat level 9 in Iron Fron, with 88,850 pts. It opened the last Challenge level and I beat it with an Ace time. It changed the Zuma Tiki who's holding the Main Menu. He's now wearing a suit and tie and looks a bit like my own personal butler. ROFL

Never miss a Power Up. That's my only Cheat Code. Well, that and my original instructions to my family about how to play Zuma:

Shoot Balls and Don't Die.

Jane
    edited October 2009
    ;D "Shoot Balls and don't die" ;D
    Priceless....
    edited October 2009
    GRRRR
  • edited October 2009
    Ever so sorry, Brian. I know it's terribly bad form for me to show up the host on my first visits. What can I say? You suggested I could hone my skills, so I did. :o)
  • edited October 2009
    Oh, btw, my top 3 scores in the original Zuma are:

Boy, it's hard to break 3 mil!
    edited October 2009
    Well that's that. you've smashed my all time original Zuma high score of 2 million something.

Time to get better :Pwned:
  • edited October 2009
    I'm relentless. I've never managed to get more than a seven chain, so I've had to learn to be REALLY FAST. I envy those guys who can set up for a 20 chain or whatever. They put screenshots on YouTube.

I quit if I don't get 10 lives by the end of Level 4, and then I try hard to get 2 1/2 or even 3 lives per level after that. My best is 29 lives at the end. 1 hr. 53 minutes is my best time.
  • edited October 2009
    I meant a seven combo. My highest chain is, like, 32 or something.
  • edited October 2009
    Okay, ONE more post and then I'll leave you alone. I just finished beating every single level in Challenge Mode with an ACE time, and something really funky happened to my guy holding the Menu sign. Now he's wearing a suit and sporting a VERY COOL hairdo. You'll see if anyone ever manages to do this. It's good practice for Iron Frog. The "Insane" level is all the levels from Iron Frog, so you can do them over and over and get better at them.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Jane is putting the <i>hurt</i> on Brian! GET TO IT, BOYO.
    edited October 2009
    If I had the game, I would :(
  • edited October 2009
    Sorry 'bout dat, Brian. Too bad, so sad. I just beat the Iron Frog - 98,900 points. Something cool happens to your frog, but I ain't sayin' what. When someone else beats it, we can compare.
    JANE
  • edited October 2009
    How do I finish level 60 of the adventure mode, I keep playing for so many minutes, the balls keep coming. Somebody help me.
  • edited October 2009
    Level 60 is the last level, other than the final boss. It's no cake walk, but keep trying. Practice makes perfect. The more points you get in the round with combos, chains and gaps, the more power-up balls you'll get. So try not to put balls out of place.

Get every Power Up. Work FAST. Double clicking FAST is one of my skills - it's especially helpful fighting bosses.

In level 60 you have to try not to let the curve get too long, cuz you can't reach the balls except what's right in front of you or through gaps. Start shooting immediately, fast and accurately. Each wrong ball just makes the curve longer.

Hope This Helps. You get to fight Zhaka Mu when you beat level 60. Good Luck!
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Excellent job, Jane! Are you planning on picking up any other games now that you've stomped this one into oblivion?