Low FPS becouse at @ x4 PCI-E?

stealth1111stealth1111 Canada Member
edited October 2009 in Hardware
hello i just got a small question about my Low FPS im getting 60 FPS when nothings happing but with shooting zombies "left 4 dead" i get 19 FPS

is it my motherborad cant fully support this card or some thing??
or just a program problem

PCI-E running at 2.0 X 16 @ x4

Motherborad is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128033

CPU duel core 2

1 PCI-E Slot

Graphic card is 9800GT 2.0 X 16

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    It is more than likely a motherboard issue. Video cards do require the full x16 bandwidth.
  • lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited October 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    It is more than likely a motherboard issue. Video cards do require the full x16 bandwidth.

Agreed. My brother in law runs Left 4 Dead maxed out on a Conroe with an 8800GT and doesn't have any framerate problems.

Try checking the BIOS on your motherboard. I believe gigabyte boards give you the option to throttle the x16 slot to x4, and it sounds like this option may be enabled. If you can't find anything that looks like it would affect this setting, try simply hitting "Load Performance Defaults", reconfigure anything you had previously setup, and see if you still have the problem.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    It's not a setting. That motherboard's x16 slot is x4 electrically. There's nothing that can be done without a mobo upgrade.
    edited October 2009
    Oh, bugger. I had a quick look at the newegg specifications and didn't see that, but now that I check Gigabyte's site I do see that conveniently hiding in their specifications.

For serious gaming, I'd definitely look into upgrading that board.
  • stealth1111stealth1111 Canada Member
    edited October 2009
    yea i thought it was the motherboard problem..............

what motherborad do u guys perfer

can you send me a recommandations

with CPU and motherborad please Thanks you guys helped alot^^
  • ardichokeardichoke
    blinks
    Is it just me or did you start this same thread a few days ago?
    Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    blinks
    Is it just me or did you start this same thread a few days ago?
  • stealth1111stealth1111 Canada Member
    edited October 2009
    yea but that 1 is talking about my PCIE slot. this 1 is talking about my FPS and my motherborad and what motherborad i should get sorry if it looks like double post X-D
    edited October 2009
    Based on the hardware you already have and your likely budget, this would be my suggestion.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128372

Gigabyte's ultra durable series is a very good line of boards. This board is a P45 chipset which will support any CPU in the whole Core 2 line (excepting of course the mobile ones), and it has a full-blown x16 PCI-E slot. You should be able to get the full blast from your system with this mobo.