If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Icrontic Expo 2014: The gaming & general geekery event you don't want to miss. Read about what's new this year and then buy tickets here.

Zuma gets his Revenge

primesuspectprimesuspect HumanGarbageDisposalDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited Dec 2011 in Gaming

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited Sep 2009
    I'll probably buy this. Hopefully I wait until tonight so I can accomplish something at work.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited Sep 2009
    My mom loved the first one so much, I set her up with a Steam account and bought this sequel for her. She's pretty excited.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect HumanGarbageDisposal Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited Sep 2009
    Say goodbye to your mom for a while
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited Sep 2009
    Bought it, beat it last night. Was fun. Only really had problems with the last non-boss level.
    edited Sep 2009
    Now finish Heroic mode and then tell me how far you get in Iron Frog.

I'm up to level 6 in Iron Frog.

My Popcap PR contact is only up to level 4. We're having a pissing contest.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited Sep 2009
    You were quoted on their official site. ^5
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen Dizzy Pirate Hooker Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited Sep 2009
    Goddamn game CAN'T STOP MAKING HAPPY FROG SPIT BALLS
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited Sep 2009
    I wish I could play Zuma's Revenge. As much as I liked the original, I didn't go that far on it since my "inability to perceive differences between color". I'm not even going to bother with this one. It sounds fun though.
  • edited Sep 2009
    Hey butters, don`t worry about collors. They have a new feature called "collor blind assistance". I guess that should help ;)
  • edited Oct 2009
    I made it through level 8 on the Iron Frog - 79,000 points - the first time. I haven't been able to beat level 7 since though.

Final Adventure High Score so far:
    29 lives
    I'm a true Zuma addict. PopCap's gonna have to invent Zumarette chewing gum or something. LOL
    Jane
  • edited Oct 2009
    Oh, and I have ALL the Ace Times in Challeng Mode except the final Level 10 Peacock. All my Icons are Gold except the last. You can't play the very last level until you finish Iron Frog.
    edited Oct 2009
    grrrrrr

Now you've called me out on Iron Frog; meaning as an honorable gentleman I have to step up to the challenge

To top it off, I don't even HAVE Zuma's Revenge right now because my beta review copy expired. You have lots of time to hone your skills while I play catch-up.

Grr.

Also, welcome to Icrontic :)
  • QCHQCH Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited Oct 2009
    Jane... I love it when Prime get's his "Gentleman Honor" knickers in a bunch.;D Welcome to Icrontic!!!
  • edited Oct 2009
    Thanks for the welcome. Yesterday I beat level 9 in Iron Fron, with 88,850 pts. It opened the last Challenge level and I beat it with an Ace time. It changed the Zuma Tiki who's holding the Main Menu. He's now wearing a suit and tie and looks a bit like my own personal butler. ROFL

Never miss a Power Up. That's my only Cheat Code. Well, that and my original instructions to my family about how to play Zuma:

Shoot Balls and Don't Die.

Jane
  • QCHQCH Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited Oct 2009
    ;D "Shoot Balls and don't die" ;D
    Priceless....
    edited Oct 2009
  • edited Oct 2009
    Ever so sorry, Brian. I know it's terribly bad form for me to show up the host on my first visits. What can I say? You suggested I could hone my skills, so I did. :o)
  • edited Oct 2009
    Oh, btw, my top 3 scores in the original Zuma are:

Boy, it's hard to break 3 mil!
    edited Oct 2009
    Well that's that. you've smashed my all time original Zuma high score of 2 million something.

Time to get better :Pwned:
  • edited Oct 2009
    I'm relentless. I've never managed to get more than a seven chain, so I've had to learn to be REALLY FAST. I envy those guys who can set up for a 20 chain or whatever. They put screenshots on YouTube.

I quit if I don't get 10 lives by the end of Level 4, and then I try hard to get 2 1/2 or even 3 lives per level after that. My best is 29 lives at the end. 1 hr. 53 minutes is my best time.
  • edited Oct 2009
    I meant a seven combo. My highest chain is, like, 32 or something.
  • edited Oct 2009
    Okay, ONE more post and then I'll leave you alone. I just finished beating every single level in Challenge Mode with an ACE time, and something really funky happened to my guy holding the Menu sign. Now he's wearing a suit and sporting a VERY COOL hairdo. You'll see if anyone ever manages to do this. It's good practice for Iron Frog. The "Insane" level is all the levels from Iron Frog, so you can do them over and over and get better at them.
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Pokémaster, Watch Slut Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited Oct 2009
    Jane is putting the hurt on Brian! GET TO IT, BOYO.
    edited Oct 2009
    If I had the game, I would :(
  • edited Oct 2009
    Sorry 'bout dat, Brian. Too bad, so sad. I just beat the Iron Frog - 98,900 points. Something cool happens to your frog, but I ain't sayin' what. When someone else beats it, we can compare.
    JANE
  • edited Oct 2009
    How do I finish level 60 of the adventure mode, I keep playing for so many minutes, the balls keep coming. Somebody help me.
  • edited Oct 2009
    Level 60 is the last level, other than the final boss. It's no cake walk, but keep trying. Practice makes perfect. The more points you get in the round with combos, chains and gaps, the more power-up balls you'll get. So try not to put balls out of place.

Get every Power Up. Work FAST. Double clicking FAST is one of my skills - it's especially helpful fighting bosses.

In level 60 you have to try not to let the curve get too long, cuz you can't reach the balls except what's right in front of you or through gaps. Start shooting immediately, fast and accurately. Each wrong ball just makes the curve longer.

Hope This Helps. You get to fight Zhaka Mu when you beat level 60. Good Luck!
  • AnnesAnnes Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited Oct 2009
    Excellent job, Jane! Are you planning on picking up any other games now that you've stomped this one into oblivion?
  • edited Oct 2009
    I also like Peggle and Peggle Nights, and I've been a Spider Solitaire Addict for what seems like decades now.
  • edited Oct 2009
    @jane
    In level 60 I don't see the scoreline, is it possible there's a bug? I kept playing over 10 minutes (perhaps longer), but the balls keep coming.It seems endless.
  • edited Oct 2009
    Level 60 is a triangular Venus Flycatcher Plant. The balls come out in the middle, closest to the frog, and spin around him all the way to the End Skull - which is on the same side as the opening mouth of the Flytrap.

It definitely shouldn't take you 10 minutes of continuous ball shooting. You would die. And the open mouth of the skull is really obvious. Could be a glitch, I guess. Have you gone through Challenge Mode yet? Level 60 in Challenge mode is the same as in Adventure Mode. Check it and see if it looks the same.
  • edited Oct 2009
    [quote=Jane]Level 60 is a triangular Venus Flycatcher Plant. The balls come out in the middle, closest to the frog, and spin around him all the way to the End Skull - which is on the same side as the opening mouth of the Flytrap.

So, what makes the candles go out on level 60?
  • edited Oct 2009
    Oh, that's the first part of the last boss. Shoot balls at the flames to make all four go out. When it's dark, you'll drop down in Zhaka Mu's Dungeon and start fighting the boss.
  • edited Oct 2009
    @Jane,

Thanks that was the solution. After shooting the flames out I can continu the game, it's getting harder and harder. I like it.
  • edited Oct 2009
    Krijntje3 said:
    "Thanks that was the solution. After shooting the flames out I can continu the game, it's getting harder and harder. I like it."

Good for you. When you finish Adventure Mode, try the Iron Frog and Challenge Modes. In Iron Frog there are 10 levels and you can't die at all. Make it through all the levels and you win a prize. In Challenge Mode, you have three minutes for each level, and you have to try to reach the Challenge and/or Ace Times. The way to do it is build points quickly to get "Multiplier" balls to appear. Then get as many multiplier balls as you can. If you finish all the levels you get a prize, and if you finish them all with Ace times, you get another.

Kaboonga!
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited Oct 2009
    AAAAAAAAArgh damn Pop CAP and their ridiculously addictive game's After getting peggle extreme in the ornj bawks I got gifted peggle extreme and nights and insaniquarium deluxe , then someone suggested Plants vs Zombehs :zombie::zombie::buck: guess who just had his 60 mins trial of Zuma's revenge in one sitting god help Me :eek3:
  • edited Oct 2009
    Sorry, I've got another problem to face, I'm playing it now for hours. It's "heroic frog'boss 3" . I need some tips and trics, why can you shoot downwards? I'm trying avoiding those two falling things ev'ry time. I'm getting desperate. Help me.
  • edited Oct 2009
    The bosses in Heroic Frog are REALLY HARD. I don't blame you for having trouble.

You can face backward to shoot off balls that are the wrong colour, so you don't have to shoot them into your chain. Try to keep the chain short.

Boss #3 is Baron Digo, I think. Only aim at the skulls that are glowing blue. Avoid the skulls the boss is spitting at you, cuz if they hit you, you get all wonky and it takes too long to recover. Try to remember which colour ball you have when you get hit, so you can start shooting again right away when you recover.

My advice is to go back and play Adventure a few more times, and get more practice with the bosses. Good luck!
  • edited Oct 2009
    Thanx Jane,

I almost finished Iron Frog 10 with only six balls in the field and unluckly I failed to win it. All chalenges levels I beat untill now and scored Ace but not the last one yet. I like the game still and it's hard to stop.
  • edited Oct 2009
    I admit it - I've gone back to the original Zuma. I find it more challenging, trying to beat my best scores. I just got best time in Zone 1-5 - 32 seconds. Thought I'd never get any more best times.

Also addicted to Peggle Nights. Dang PopCap anyway. When will I ever get anything else done??????
  • edited Nov 2009
    Is anyone else having trouble with their mouse not being accurate and/or slow in levels 40ish?
  • edited Nov 2009
    I'm at level 60 now.. but the screen like kind of frozen... i only can move the frog but the tiki boss aren't moving at all..and there aren't any balls rolling out... is there a problem with my zuma?

FYI : i'm using vista home premium
  • edited Nov 2009
    xean - Did you shoot out the four torches and drop down into the dungeon?
  • edited Nov 2009
    I was able to finish Iron Frog level 9 a few times but was not yet able to beat level 10!! This is so frustrating!! wow, it is insanely difficult! I can only seem to finish level 9 on 1 of every 4 attempts, and it takes a while just to get to that point. Any tips on Iron Frog level 10 for anyone who got there? It is recommended to right-click and swap balls ever? I find that I don't have the time. Seems like you simply need to FIRE AS FAST AS HELL - STOP ONCE TO THINK AND YOU ARE DEAD!!!!!!
  • edited Dec 2009
    I just scored 3,002,070 points in Zuma Deluxe!!! I've been striving to beat 3 million for MONTHS! YAYYYYYY.
    edited Dec 2009
    Congrats!

Jane, you should just register for Icrontic already :D
  • edited Dec 2009
    What will you give me if I join, Brian? Money, fame, three wishes?????

Just kidding. Done. But I'm not much for all the Profile stuff. I'm just Jane - Zuma Queen. LOL
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Pokémaster, Watch Slut Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited Dec 2009
    We can give you three wishes. There's just no telling what we might grant on their account.
    edited Dec 2009
    Money: I'm not so good for
    Fame: I can help
    Three Wishes: Depends on what they are :D

Welcome to it then! :)
  • edited Dec 2009
    I cannot figure out how to beat level 60!!! I have been at forever! How am I supposed to shoot the balls beyond the spiral closest to me? I mean other than shooting through the gaps which I am pretty good at but one can't always get a gap. It is driving me crazy! : )